𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.

ale's outfit ^

alejandro

"Another belly," I said, rubbing the small bugle that was my stomach now. Nano had gone to school a few hours ago, so I was alone and laying down in bed going through my phone.

"Jesus, my back 'urts," I said, sitting up on my bed and putting a pillow behind me. I hated being pregnant again, but a baby should come out of it and that would be fun. I heard a knock on the door as soon as I was about to turn on some music to take a nap.

"What is it?" I asked as I pulled a soft blanket over me, "Can I come in?" I heard Mattia's voice echo through the hallway, "......Sure." I hesitated but let him in, sitting up on my elbows and watching him walk him.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" He asked me, I remembered telling him this morning how my back was hurting when he asked why I was fidgeting around in my seat so much at breakfast.

"Yeah...back still kinda hurts." I shrugged, and he nodded, leaning on the doorway. "You want me to get you anything?" He asked, smiling softly. I could tell he was happy for some reason, his blue eyes looked different today. "Hmmm...water? maybe...water would be fine." I told him, and he nodded.

He passed me a glass of water and stood back watching as I finished it, "Anything else?" He asked me, I took a second as I reached over and put the cup on the side table. "Uh...no thank you," I said, and he nodded. "Okay, let me know if you need anything. I'll be downstairs." I said, "Okay, thanks...I guess..." I trailed on, and he said a quiet okay before leaving.

‼️

"Ow," I groaned as I leaned my weight on the counter, everything hurt, my body ached, and felt like I was an elderly person. "You okay?" Mattia asked as he walked to the fridge, "Yeah, everything hurts though." I told him, "Hm, it's good that you have an ultrasound tonight right?" He asked me, I looked over at him, "We do?" I asked, and he said a mumbled yeah.

"I didn't know," I said, stretching back to make the stabbing pain in my hip go away. "Yeah, I forgot to tell you, sorry." He apologized, taking an apple juice out and leaning on the counter. "Baby okay?" He asked, I shrugged, "Doesn't kick or anything yet. But I'm sure it's fine." I said, "Still in pain though." I told him. He gave me a sorry look.

"You want me to try to help?" He asked me, I looked over at him with a confused look, "If it's a hand job then no..." I said, he goofily smiled. "I was gonna say eat you out but alright." He shrugged, I wanted to slap myself when I realized I was smiling at him. "You're so weird," I said, shaking my head as I scratched the back of my neck before walking off to the living room.

‼️

"I feel so bloated," I complained as Mattia stopped the car and took his hat off, leaving it on the cop holder. "Isn't that like...normal during pregnancy?" He asked, taking the keys out of the ignition and tossing them around in his hand. "I don't know, but I don't like it," I said, putting my foot down from the dashboard and getting out of the car.

"Is it the same doctor as last time?" I asked, leaning my head on the wall behind me as we waited for my name to be called so we could look at the baby in the ultrasound room, "Yeah, pretty sure. Hey, look at this, baby store." Mattia said, showing me the page of the magazine he was looking at.

"Sick," I said, tapping my foot, bored because it felt like we've been sitting here for hours.

"Hey..." Mattia said, putting a hand on my knee, "Are we okay?" He asked, putting the magazine aside and looking at me with concerned eyes. I shrugged slightly as another couple walked in, sitting down a few seats away from us. "We'll be okay...but I have to get along with you...so for now I tolerate you," I told him before Dr. O'Neal walked in.

"Alejandro, how are you doing sweetheart?" She asked with a warm smile on her face. I glanced over at Mattia before standing up and walking over to her.

"I'm okay, thanks," I said, pulling my shirt down a bit since it had been pulled up when I sat down and was now exposing my stomach. "Let's go check how the baby is, okay?" She asked, and I nodded, stuffing my hands in my light pink sweatpants pockets and looking back at Mattia, mouthing for him to come on.

"Good news is, they're growing just fine, a little small but nothing concerning." Dr. O'Neal said, shutting off the ultrasound machine. I followed her with my eyes as she threw her gloves out, "Isn't that what I had too?" I asked her, and she nodded. "If you mean being tiny while in the womb then yes. Just means your different, nothing else. How about eating habits? How's that?" She asked.

"Not good," Mattia answered for me, making me roll my eyes in annoyance. "Liar." I said as O'Neal passed me a paper to wipe this stuff off my stomach, "You said it yourself, I made you Arroz con Carne (rice with meat) the other day and you didn't eat it. I thought you loved that stuff." Mattia said.

"I said I only like the way my mom makes it...it's not the same," I muttered, scrunching the paper up in my hand and folding my arms over my stomach. "I'm sure your eating habits will go back to normal. Problems like this at the beginning of pregnancy are normal." She told me, "They've never been normal though." Mattia said, making me groan, "Butt out Mattia!" I yelled, making him look down at his lap.

"What does he mean sweetie?" She asked, pulling up a chair next to me and sitting down, "Dios (God)...it's nothing important or bad..." I grumbled, looking over at her with a begging look for her to just drop it. "He barely ate when we first met I think." Mattia said, "Shut the fuck up!" I screamed, my voice cracking slightly.

Both of them looked at me like I was crazy, making me just shake my head slightly. "Can we go home please?" I asked, hearing my voice break and get quieter as my eyes watered...they probably think I'm crazy now...I just didn't like being talked about, especially when the situation is something personal.

"Yeah...but, I was hoping we could listen to the heartbeat...since it's the right time." Mattia said, and she nodded, "I'll use a different machine since it's still a bit early, but I need you to pull your pants down so I can check." She said to me, Mattia quickly turned around, covering his eyes with his hands. I lifted my legs, pulling my pants and boxers down a bit so my bottom was exposed.

"This'll feel cold at first." She said before she sat in between my legs, putting a blanket on me so my knees were covered from Mattia. There was an uncomfortable silence before Dr. O'Neal laughed, "There it is." She said, we heard a small switch flip before thumps filled the room. Bum, bum, bum, bu-bum, bum, bum, bum, bu-bum.

Just over and over again, that was the only sound we heard. "Wow, 's beautiful," Mattia said, smiling to himself as the sound continued. I wasn't quite sure how to feel...I love this baby, but at the same time don't want it...I dunno, I'm just glad it's alive so Mattia doesn't have to get me pregnant again.

"Yeah...sounds like little drums in there...maybe they'll be a musician or something." I said, sniffling and wiping my nose, which made Mattia and Dr. O'Neal snort and laugh, "Probably, like a little drum player..." He said, smirking like he always does.

‼️

you lot are gonna HATE me but...whatevs.