𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

another long chapter 😋

alejandro

"Where are we anyway?" I questioned as Mattia took my towel off my waist, pulling it down and helping me put new underwear on. "My dad found it, it's only a few miles from our house. We come here just in case for emergencies—pull your leg up." He told me as I leaned my hands on his shoulders for balance before he pulled the soft and silky material up my legs.

"You'll get dressed later, just c'mere and lay down." He told me, taking my hand and pulling me to the bed, and helping me lay down. I gave him a confused look as he grabbed the bedsheets and covered my lower half with them.

"What are we doing now?" I asked, running a hand through my damp hair that had been drying ever since I got out of the shower a few minutes ago. I smiled a bit remembering how Mattia helped me, rubbing the sponge up and down my back and kissing my neck while the bathwater kept me warm.

"Uh, a nurse is gonna come in, in a few minutes, he's an obstetrician-gynecologist, he's gonna do a quick ultrasound to make sure the baby and you are okay. He'll just check everything out," Mattia told me, stuffing a pillow behind my back to sit me up and leaving my stomach on display.

"Oh okay," I nodded before there was a knock on the door. "Oh-and wheres Nano?" I asked, putting my hands behind my head and resting them there. "He's downstairs with a few security guards in his toy room." He replied, my eyebrows scrunched up.

"He isn't scared of those big ass dudes?" I asked as Mattia walked over to the bedroom door, taking a second to open it. "No, they're friendly with him," He told me, opening the door. Both of us seeing a tall doctor, a smile on his face. "Hi, nice to see you again Mattia. And this is Alejandro?" He asked.

I smiled slightly, "Hi," I said, with a small wave, "Hello, nice to meet you. You're the husband of Mattia? Alejandro?" The doctor asked me with a french accent. "Yes, I am, nice to meet you too...you're gonna check out the baby?" I asked, rubbing the side of my stomach lightly.

"Yep, I'm Oliver, and I've got this little machine, that's gonna check for the baby's heartbeat and let us be able to see them." He said. Holding up the small box-shaped machine. I hummed as a response as he walked over towards me.

‼️

"So, the baby's heartbeat should echo through the room, it'll be really fast but that's normal." He told both of us. Rubbing the wand around on my stomach and near my belly button which was now an outie because of the baby taking up so much space.

I laid my head back, waiting for the sound to start so this could just be over with and I could sleep. "Hmm," Oliver hummed, pressing and turning a bunch of switches and buttons on his machine. "What? What is it?" Mattia questioned, his arms folded over his chest.

"Nothing, just checking for a heartbeat...can't seem to find one though," Oliver said. I lifted my head, looking over at him, my eyebrows furrowed. "Wait but...huh?" Mattia asked. I think both of us knew exactly what that meant.

"Is it okay? Are you...are you even checking?!" Mattia yelled, uncrossing his arms and squeezing his fists shut. "Mattia, calm down. I'm sure the baby is just fine. It's just the fact that you should have been able to hear the heartbeat weeks ago. It's a little bit of a shock that this would be your first time hearing it. It's even more shocking that I still am not getting anythin-"