𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭.

alejandro

All mornings were usually difficult to get Nano out of bed.

But this morning was even harder in particular. I really wasn't sure why. Maybe because Nano and I hadn't gone down the night before super early and took a while to even get a wink of sleep.

"C'mon, out of bed, stinky butt," I told him, pulling the huge, puffy blanket off of him and rolling it up into a little ball, throwing it somewhere behind me and nudging Nano's arm lightly.

"Up, up, up babe. Let's go, you're gonna miss the bus if you take any longer."

Nano just groaned as he covered his eyes and rolled over on his belly, "...Mhfm...don't wanna go today, too tired."

I rolled my eyes, opening Nano's window curtains to let the sun in, probably just making him hate me even more.

"You're the worst!" Nano yelled, huffing in annoyance as he sat up, taking a minute to look around the room before I urged him to get up. "Get your butt in that bathroom and change so you still have time for breakfast. Go, go, go, get to it."

‼️

third pov

"Yeah...and how's Lu? Is she holding up good?"

"Mhm, she's great. She wanted to be cuddling this morning as soon as she woke up. And she only had to use her oxygen mask for a few minutes last night to catch her breath, but I think that's just because she was eating too fast." Mattia replied, setting the little girl down in her bassinet since she'd finally gone to sleep.

"That's great...does she pull at your hair too when you're cuddling?" Alejandro asked, drying a few dishes and leaving them by the rack beside him.

"All of the time. Then she pulls at her hair too and starts to cry, then she poops and feels better, it's just her normal routine at this point." Mattia answered with a shrug on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, sounds just like her," Alejandro snorted with a laugh, holding his phone between his shoulder and his ear as he shut the water faucet off and shook his hands dry.

Mattia sighed as he scratched the back of his head, stuttering a bit. "Uh...anyways, I was gonna ask if you-" The doorbell rang, interrupting Mattia from whatever he was gonna say.

"Give me one sec', someone's at the door," Alejandro said, putting his phone on mute before setting it down on the counter and trailing off to the front door.

"Hi, you must be Alejandro?" Alejandro stood still at the front door, confused as a woman stood in front of him. Wearing a pencil skirt along with a fancy top, her hair about neck length and pin straight, shiny grey high heels on her feet.

I should buy those. Alejandro thought to himself.

"Y-yes...am I in trouble?" Alejandro asked, fiddling around with his hands nervously since this lady looked like she meant business with her briefcase and serious face.

"No, sweetheart. My name is Lisa Ortiz, we spoke on the phone a few weeks ago?... I'm your divorce attorney, that you may or may not need...?" Alejandro took a second before making a sound of realization.

"O-oh! Yeah, I'm sorry. I totally forgot we scheduled for today. B-but please come in." Alejandro said, opening the front door wider and letting her in.

"One moment, please." He said, closing the door behind her and running off to the kitchen.

"Hey, Mattia I'm gonna need to call you back, okay?" He asked, putting his phone on speaker. "Okay, talk to you soon," Mattia replied before Alejandro hung up, leaving his phone in his back pocket before going over to the living room where Lisa had been sitting.