𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.

alejandro

Feeling nauseous wouldn't even begin to explain what I was feeling as I watched my nurse walk back and fourth through my hospital room, collecting different baby things that Luna would need when I got home.

"I know she's already been home for a few days, but this stuff will be very helpful, she's gotten bigger which is amazing, so these diapers will fit her now and will be good for her skin. You can also take this baby bath to get her all clean." The elderly doctor smiled at me.

I nodded, looking down at my casted leg and reaching over to grab my walker.

"Great...a-and what about like pacifiers?" I asked, standing up with the help of the walker and moving over to my wheelchair. It still hurt to get around, just when I stood up for too long or put too much weight on my hip, it felt like my stitches were falling out. Thankfully they weren't, Dr. O'Neal said that was all normal.

"Oh, the ones here are just great. She loves the yellow ones the best for some reason, maybe even because of the flowers on them. I'll pack you some extra ones."

I nodded, leaning over in my chair and folding my walker before letting it lean on the wall behind me.

"Hey sweet cheeks, you ready to go home?" Destiny asked me, walking in with her large puffer jacket and beanie with a small pom-pom on the top of it.

"Yeah...'m ready," I nodded, turning my head to look over at nurse Rita.

"Alright honey, you're all set." She told me, handing over the small hospital bag that I could take home. "Thank you so much, Rita, thank you." I smiled, taking it and setting it down in my lap.

Destiny had been staying at Mattia's house since last week because I couldn't leave and nobody else was here to watch or take Luna.

Even if I didn't get along well with Luna much. I felt happy knowing that she had someone to watch her and that she was in good hands.

‼️

"A-are you sure you don't need your crutches?" Destiny asked me, walking into the house and closing the house door behind her. "I'm just laying on the couch Des, I'm good," I replied to her, hopping over to the couch before plopping down on it.

"Alright, here Nano, bring this to Lu's room, and put this all on the desk, baby." I heard Destiny tell Nano, handing him the small hospital bag. "I wanna hold Luna," Nano whined, taking the heavy bag and pulling at Des' long jacket.

"You can hold her as soon as you get back down here, okay?"

"Hm...okay," Nano mumbled, running off upstairs.

"Alright, a-and you're sure you want me t-to go home? You don't need anything else, I'd be happy to stay here for a while and watch her while you get some sleep?" Destiny asked me, grabbing a few pillows from the floor and setting them on the couch.

I looked down, seeing that the living room carpet was gone, and Des had cleaned up the huge mess of Luna's birth before I came back home. "No, it's fine Des. We're good, a-and Nano's here to help me out." I smiled, leaning back on the couch and grabbing one of the pillows Des had recently put next to me behind my neck.

"Okay, then I'll bring her bassinet over and you can just lay her down in there while she sleeps," Des told me, setting Luna and her car seat down in front of me as she pulled the small rocking bassinet in front of me.

"I'm gonna get going now, just call me if you need anything, okay?"

‼️

I really did think things would be different once I got home from the hospital.