𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞.

mattia

"Morning...you okay?" I asked Alejandro as I walked into the kitchen, smiling when I saw the coffee pot was out. Some coffee definitely sounded good right now.

"Mhmm." He nodded from the corner of my eye, "Pain go away?" I asked, and he nodded again. "Sorta, I took the meds she gave me. They tasted funny." He said, pouting slightly.

"Yeah...It'll be like eating candy soon enough because of how much you're gonna be taking it." I tried joking around, which just made him smirk.

"I'm having lunch with my dad today...so...I'll talk to him. About-about the whole thing...y'know..." I said, and he nodded, biting his lip as he looked down at his slightly pudgy stomach. "I'm gonna go to the gym today." He said. I quirked my eyebrow up.

"Are you-sure that's like...an okay thing to do?" I asked, leaning on the counter as I grabbed a mug from the cabinet above the microwave, taking the pot and pouring some into my cup, going to the fridge, and grabbing some creamer.

"Bleeding stopped...so I guess it's okay...I don't care anyway. I wanna lose this fat...what's the worst that could happen." He shrugged, going to the toaster and grabbing the now golden bread and taking a bite out of it.

Personally, I didn't think it was safe for him to...especially since he still has a slight limp and complains about pain at times. But I can never argue with Ale so I just let him do what he wanted to do so he didn't get annoyed or angry at me.

He stumbled away to the living room and sat down on the couch, we still had a few hours before Nano woke up, and even though he's just one kid, the house gets crazy when he's hyper and awake, and I like him, I really do, he's an amazing kid. But it's nice being in a relaxing house like this.

‼️

"Eat a burger and a couple fries or something, you look skinny." My dad said, passing me a menu. I shook my head, nothing sounded too appetizing right now. "Nah dad, I'm good," I told him, waiting for my drink to get here.

"You look tired, you been getting sleep? Huh?" My dad asked, slapping my cheek slightly as the waiter walked over. "Here's your salad sir." She says, looking kindly at me as she took a white bowl off of her tray and put it down in front of him on the table.

"Thank you," He said with a smile, and she nodded, "I'll be right back with your milkshake okay?" She said, I said a quiet okay before she walked off. "Don't look at her too much, you have a husband." My dad teased me. I rolled my eyes, leaning my head on my palm.

"All jokes aside." He said, looking down at his food, "How is Alejandro?" He asked, giving me a more sympathetic look. I shrugged. "He won't talk to me much...so I'm not sure but I hope he's doing better...but he's hurting, I can tell..." I replied to him.

"I'd sure think he is after losing three babies Mattia." He said, making me bite my bottom lip slightly. "Dad uhm...I can't......I won't, I won't make him go through that a-again." I stuttered out, cracking at my knuckles nervously..."I really can't dad, seeing him like that is just heartbreaking." I said, thinking back to the day Ale lost the second baby.

"Lay down Ale, please breathe," I begged as he sat down on the bed, wrapping his arms around himself, he just wanted to hold his stomach, but it was empty. There was no point.

"It-it hu-hurts." He sobbed, clutching the bedsheets, "I know it does, I know, here, lay down babe." I said, fixing the pillows and taking his hand, helping him scoot back. He cried as he tried rolling on his side.