𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

third pov

Screaming. Loud shrieking is all that Mattia heard.

The agonizing sound of pain made Mattia jump off of the living room couch, almost tripping over a pillow that had fallen, before sprinting upstairs, calling out for Alejandro to see if he would get any sort of answer. "Alejandro?!" He called, bursting through the bedroom door to see Alejandro, sweating and in tears.

"What happened? What happen-Alejandro, look at me-what happened?" Mattia asked, all flustered as he grabbed onto Ale's face. "What happened?" He asked again, seeing that Ale was gasping, trying to catch his breath.

"M-mom," Alejandro sobbed, grasping onto Mattia's hand and squeezing it tightly as his whole body shook. Mattia was confused. Had he been talking about his mom? Or...

"I-I saw my-my mom...she was crying, she-she got really-really upset-mom..." He whimpered, grabbing onto his chest, his face red.

"Oh, babe...I'm so sorry Ale...it's okay...it's okay," Mattia tried to soothe the younger boy beside him.

Alejandro nodded, his breath finally settling as he wrapped his arms around Mattia's shoulders. "Her-her b-birthday is tod-today," The pregnant boy stuttered.

Mattia's heart stopped hearing that, wanting to slap himself over, and over, and over again. For being the reason Ale felt this way. He was the reason Ale was crying, why he couldn't catch his breath. It was awful, he felt awful.

"Oh god...I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry Ale...I'm so-sorry...I love you, baby, I'm sorry...I would do anything to take it back. I'm so sorry. Y'know I am," Mattia sighed, kissing Ale's forehead over and over again.

Ale nodded, rubbing his stomach in pain as he leaned more into Mattia's touch. "Ye-yeah...It's fine...I'm just nervous to tell Nano...he's-he's gonna be really upset that we-that we can't spend her birthday with her, y'know." Alejandro half shrugged, letting go of his husband and scooting back a bit, with Mattia's hand still on his upper thigh. Mattia just nodded, feeling helpless as he watched Ale try his hardest not to cry.

He felt even worse seeing how sick Ale looked now, like he wanted to throw up. Well, he actually always looks like that now if Mattia was being honest.

"I know baby...I know, but how about we go downstairs and make some breakfast? I'm sure Nano would like that...maybe he won't even remember about your guys' mom. Let's go." Mattia gestured for them both to go downstairs, Ale nodding as he pushed himself off of his bed and stood up, stumbling a bit and grabbing onto Mattia for help.

‼️

Alejandro mostly just squirmed around in his chair, unable to focus on what Mattia was talking about. And forcing himself to eat, "But it ended up just being for adults at the time so I didn't really care much...hey......are you sure you're okay?...can I do anything?" Mattia asked, plating more of the pancakes he had just finished making and leaving them on the table in front of Ale.

Ale wanted to say something but he knew it would make Mattia upset, he just shook his head, pushing away his plate. "Okay...let's just-" Mattia stopped when Nano came downstairs running, jumping up and down as he yelled about his mom's birthday.

Oh no.

"Mama's birthday! Ale! Ale! Ale!" Nano yelled, shaking Alejandro's arm.

"Yes baby, yes, it's Mami's birthday. I know," Ale nodded, glancing over at Mattia as his eyes started to water. "Let's go home to see Mami, c'mon. Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Nano shrieked.

"Baby...I told you Mami's on a vacation...so she's not home right now." Ale reminded his younger brother. Wanting to cry but sucking it up when he saw Nano's face start to make a frown. "Then...then can we call her?" He asked more quietly this time, feeling upset knowing that he couldn't see his mom for her own birthday. He wanted to celebrate.