𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞.

alejandro

"Ale, can we go to the park today please?" Nano asked me, kneeling by my bed, "Not today Nano," I said, pushing his hair back. "Okay," He said quietly, "Can I play with your toys?" He asked me, looking over at my closet, I nodded, he thanked me then grabbed a stool beside my trash can, putting it in front of the shelf in my closet.

I saw him grab the small bin behind my sock basket that had all my old toys inside, "Ooh, can I keep your dinosaur!" He asked me, looking down at the big green Toy Story dinosaur that I got when I was younger.

I sat up from my bed, smiling as I saw Nano sit down on the floor, playing with my toys and looking through the bin. "I'm gonna go downstairs, alright?" I told him, and he nodded.

I walked down to the kitchen, trying my best to genuinely smile when I saw my mom, "You have to go to work?" I asked, taking my phone out of my pocket and looking down at the time. "Yeah, I gotta go now, can you take Nano out later, he hasn't gone to the park or on a walk, in a while." She said, and I said a quiet okay.

"Bye baby, love you," She said, walking over and kissing my cheek, before grabbing her purse and walking out. "Bye," I said quietly as the door shut.

I laid on the couch, Nano laying down next to me, I cuddled him close as we watched a movie. Before I heard a few knocks on the door.

"I'll be right back, make sure you try and finish the popcorn," I told him, standing up and letting him take my spot. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I said to myself as more knocks were at the door.

"Shit," I said breathlessly, seeing it was Mattia. "What do you-what do you want?" I asked him, clearing my throat. "House hunting, we need to look for houses today." He told me, I rolled my eyes. "That's-that's today?...." I asked, and he nodded, "My dad said we have to do it soon, might as well do it now," He shrugged slightly, "Yeah, fine," I mumbled, shutting the door in his face. And locking it.

"Nano, papi, I need you to go upstairs and get dressed, maybe some sweatpants and just a regular shirt and your hoodie," I told him, he nodded, puting the bowl of popcorn he had been eating aside on the table.

"Why?" He asked, "Just go do it papi," I said, he nodded, then ran off. I went back to the front door, opening it again and seeing Mattia's dumb, ugly, shit-looking face, "If we're going, then my brother is coming. We both just need time to get dressed." I said.

"Yeah, okay," He nodded, "Just—just come in," I mumbled, I stepped back and he walked in. Looking around before I pointed at the couch. "You can sit down," I told him.

"Yeah, bye," He said as I turned around going to my room, shutting the door and grabbing sweatpants, changing out of my basketball shorts, and taking my hoodie off, throwing the crop top I was wearing on my bed.

I grabbed a regular shirt, putting it on and going to my closet to grab a random pair of shoes. I looked over at my desk, the small shiny ring was set right by the lamp where I left it the day Mattia proposed.

I debated before grabbing it, putting it in my back pocket. "Nano! Hurry up, Papi!" I yelled as left my room, going to the living room. "Are you ready?" He asked, "Yeah, uhm, my brother he's almost ready." I said quietly, looking down at his feet, and mine, seeing that we were wearing the same shoes.

"Nice shoes," He said, sounding rather rude though, I nodded slightly. Sitting down on the couch far away from him,

The awkward silence was gone as Nano got to the living room, "I'm ready," He said, "Great Papi," I said, taking his hoodie and slipping it on him, "We're gonna go see some houses, alright? it'll be fun," I said with a smile, "Okay." He replied.