𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚

"Is it cool if I sit here?" a voice rung in the air

"Is it cool if I sit here?" a voice rung in the air. Alaska looked up from her chemistry notes, Demetris next to hers as she copied them, changing the words a bit. A lanky boy stood before their table, a bit flushed in the face with his school lunch in hand.

"Ooh." Demetri said with a inhale, "Sorry, tables really blowing up right now. I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest."

"It'll cost you too, a pay in advance." Alaska added in with a nod to her head, propping her head on her elbow and giving the boy a knowing look. He let out a sigh, going to walk away before her voice echoed again, "We're kidding, don't be so serious. Sit down, you look like a awkward worm that can't find a bird to eat him."

The boy blinked with a odd look before sitting down rather quickly, shrugging his bag off and taking the empty chair on the other side of Eli, who was eyeing him with a gentle stare, looking away quickly each time their eyes met.

"I'm Miguel." he introduced as Alaska hummed with a nod.

"Miguel Antonio Diaz to be exact, you have physics first period and gym last." Alaska said with a knowing look across her face, picking up her pen and beginning to copy the notes again, "You live in the apartment building in Reseda near that convenient store the old woman tried to steal money from and your emergency contact is your mother and grandmother."

Alaska didn't have to look up to see the wide eyed and frightened look that was adopted onto his face.

"Shes office assistant, handles all the schedules of the new kids." Demetri informed him quickly as Miguel sighed in relief, putting the straw into his milk.

"And the report cards if you ever fail a class and need it to be changed." she said, pulling her eyes away from the notes and holding her hand out across Eli, "I'm Alaska."

"Hi." Miguel said with a clear of his throat, shaking her hand as the coldness of her ring pressed into his sweaty hands, "I doubt i'll do good in Physics so.."

Alaska mearly smiled at him as she pulled her hand back.

"Demetri." the dark haired boy announced before nodded toward Eli who was leaning on his hands, "This is Eli. He's a man of few words."

"Makes a fine listener though." Alaska said with a snap of her fingers toward Miguel, rubbing Eli on the back slightly as he leaned his head onto her arm for half a second before pulling back. Miguel's gaze focused on Yasmine and Samantha as they walked past the table, standing tall and confident as their shoes clicked under them.

"Dude, don't torture yourself." Demetri said quickly as Miguel looked away, "Those are the rich girls."

"Yes, with bible verses in their instragam bios." Alaska said with a knowing look across her face.

"Do you ever talk to them or.." Miguel trialed off, eyeing the two with curious eyes.

"Samantha lives a few streets down from me, we talk sometimes but I can't stand to look at her since she started hanging around Yasmine." Alaska said, shutting her notes and putting them into her bag quickly, "She's the worst, once shoved me off my bike, I almost lost a eye!"