back to you | t. seguin

Summary: Tyler and Y/N never had an easy relationship. They always kept things private and away from the public eye. After many failed attempts at dating and one last attempt that finally turns right- everything seems to fall into place- that is until Tyler lets it slip that he got married in an interview.

Everyone had a person. That one individual who you would do anything for and that you want to spend the rest of your life with. That person that makes you feel amazing, emotionally and physically- the person that you want to be better for. When you find them, you do everything you can to keep them and it just works.

But you don't always know who that person is right away, Tyler didn't- thats for sure. There was a point where Tyler Seguin, franchise face of the Dallas stars had been quite the young stud with many women in his life, but at 23 years old, just two seasons after being traded to Dallas, the boy fell in love.

Just like any Friday night, it was a normal occurrence to find the Dallas stars at a party celebrating their latest win. This party in particular had been thrown by one of the team's closest friends and the event was well underway- with the dark house being lit up by flashing lights and the floor already sticky with spilt beer, the guests were in full swing. Among the guests was Y/N a young girl just merely 21 years old with bright eyes and a red solo cup in her hands.

The bass from the part echoed around her, dancing bodies pushing up against her as she tried to make her way outside to the pool- hoping to catch a bit of fresh air and escape the smell of vodka and weed. As she went to walk outside, the door swung open and a large body crashed into her, beer spilling down the front of her shirt. "Dammit! Im so sorry!" A voice spoke, quickly grabbing a pool towel off one of the chairs and instinctively padding at the women's chest.

Clearing her throat, Y/N looked up and brushed his hands away- meeting the gaze of Tyler Seguin- one of her and host's mutual friends. "Dont worry- its just beer." She waved him off- taking the towel and setting down her now empty cup, she wiped her shirt. "I honestly should have been watching where I was going." She told him with a kind smile. However, that didn't seem to make Tyler feel any better.

"Why dont you let me get you a new shirt? I have some clothes upstairs since I planned on staying the night- and I would feel terrible about making you walk around with beer spilt all over you." Tyler blushes awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. He tattooed arms flexed under his motions and Y/N caught herself staring- Tyler did too.

Letting him lead her through the house, the two of them four themselves upstairs in one of the guest room's, Y/N's shirt thrown in the trash and now having Tyler's t-shirt thrown over her body.

After that night, the two had exchanged numbers- something about their awkward interaction seemed to set a spark in the both of them. What started as Y/N giving back Tyler his shirt over coffee, soon became dinner dates here and there while she was in Dallas for business and then flying to see each other for the holidays- they became dependent on each other, but the distance was too hard- With Y/N always travelling for different parts of her job and Tyler away on roadies for hockey- the two were never in the same place for more than three days if they were lucky.

So they called a quits.

A few months later, they found themselves bumping into each other again- the same situation too- a party thrown by a mutual friend. That night however there was no need to change out of their clothes due to spilt beer- they sat in the corner of the living room for hours- talking about everything they've gone through in the time that they were apart- and all the things they missed about being together. Needless to say, they didn't go home alone that night-