𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 | 𝙛. 𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙣

Lost and found | f. Andersen

Can you write a piece with Freddie Andersen about the reader and him being friends and the reader leaves town for a few months and while the reader is gone Freddie realizes he has feelings?

Summary: Freddie doesn't realize what he's missing until its gone

Scotiabank arena was far too quiet for Fred's liking. While there was a constant chatter and rustling of staff in the background of his surroundings, the building was missing the usual light hearted hum of laughter that he had grown to love. While there were members of the franchise running left and right, there was one missing. Y/N. The equipment manager's assistant had recently taken a leave of absence to further her career in Calgary. There was no telling when she would come back, or if she even would. But Freddie was hoping that it would be sooner rather than later.

In his time with the leafs, he had found out very quickly that it was hard to make friends. Toronto was a lonely place outside of his teammates, and when Y/N suddenly entered his life- well, she made that loneliness disappear for a while.

The first day Fred had ever met Y/N was engrained on the back of his memory like a tattoo. He had been running late after having some car troubles and through his haste of rushing through the catacombs of the building, he had ran into Y/N- Colliding with her frame and sending her crashing to the floor. "Shit I'm sorry!" He cursed, quickly backtracking and reaching out to help her up.

He noticed that she was wearing a royal blue warmup sweater with the leafs logo on the shoulder. He hadn't seen her before but at first glance he had noticed how beautiful she was. Her eyes were kind and her smile was contagious- she just had this positive energy that made him gravitate towards her.

"Uh- fans aren't supposed to be down here." He stuttered out. He couldn't figure out what to say and sadly that was the first thing that popped into his head, or rather fell out of his mouth.

Thankfully, Y/N didn't take offence to it. She waved him off with a smile, her eyes crinkling at the edges as her cheeks raised. "Its a good thing I'm not a fan than huh?" She asked. Immediately, her eyes widened at the realization of what she said. "Thats not what I meant- I mean of course I'm a fan, the team is great- but im not like A FAN-" she bit her lip realizing she was making it worse.

Quickly, the woman stuck out her hand and offered Freddie a nervous laugh. "My name is Y/N. I work here- please don't get me fired." She stumbled over her words.

The reddish haired man felt his entire world slow down, seemingly forgetting that he was late for practice. He couldn't help but think her nervousness was cute. "I'm Fred- its nice to meet you." He smiled, taking her smaller hand into his own- his calloused grip was rough against the woman's soft and delicate palm.

"Aren't you supposed to be on the ice right now?" Y/N asked softly, picking up her clipboard and duffle bag that she had dropped as her and the goalie started walking through the tunnels towards the rink.

"Yeah- I got some car troubles, took me a while to get the damn thing boosted." Frederick groaned at the recollection.

Pouting softly, Y/N nodded. "Same- I had to walk here. It was really cold." She shivered at the thought. She was not looking forward to having to walk home again later that afternoon. Maybe if she was lucky she could grab a ride from one of the other staff members, or perhaps have her roommate come pick her up.

Freddie shared in the woman's pain. "Well, If I'm still around when you're ready to leave- I can give you a ride." It was a friendly offer, one that Freddie didn't entirely mean- but he knew it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world- something about this woman had drawn him in. She wasn't fussing over him like he was a celebrity, in fact, she was carrying on with the conversation as if they had known each other for years. It was refreshing.