sid the kid | s. crosby

Summary: Its all-star weekend and Sidney is about to tell the world that his family is going to be welcoming a mini Crosby soon

Requested: Yes

As soon as Y/N found out that she was pregnant, the first thing she did was go out and buy a mini Crosby jersey. She bought some baby skates and put them in a box- wrapped in black and yellow paper. She had been married to Sidney for over two years now and they had been trying for a baby for almost a year.

It took a long time for them to get where they were in their relationship, and after having quite a tough time getting pregnant, Sidney was almost ready to give up. That was until Y/N started feeling sick- she was throwing up, having constant headaches and the biggest thing was that she was late.

Two weeks late.

Sidney's reaction had been the cutest thing Y/N ever saw. As soon as he opened the box and saw the mini skates and jersey, his eyes widened. He looked up at her with tears and bit his lip. "You're serious?" He asked hesitantly- he couldn't handle a prank like this. When the woman nodded eagerly and had a smile so bright the it challenged his own, Sidney lunged for her- picking her up and spinning her around.

"Were having a baby!!!" He cheered, their dog barked near their feet and he couldn't believe it. Kissing his wife deeply, he placed a hand against her tummy and grinned. Getting on his knees in front of her- he pecked her tummy. "Hi there baby... Im your daddy- I can't wait to meet you." He was beyond excited and could barely contain himself.

That was almost 6 months ago.

Y/N had quite the noticeable bump now, but she was a rather small person so when she wore hoodies and jerseys you couldn't really tell- The first people to find out had been her parents and then Sidney's. The team following shortly after- everyone was beyond excited and the fact that they had so much support behind them couldn't make Sidney and Y/N any happier. They were going to be great parents.

Now that the all-star games were upon them, Sidney was ready to tell the world. They had waited the last 6 months just to enjoy keeping the secret to themselves, but also just in case there were any complications. Luckily for them, the baby was perfectly healthy and so was the momma.

Wearing one of Sidney's jersey, Y/N was standing in the box with some of the other wives and girlfriends of the the players- as much as she wanted to be down on the ice watching, Sidney flat out refused, he wasn't about to risk his girl falling and getting hurt.

Standing in front of the glass and looking down onto the rink, Y/N spotted Sidney right away- they were getting ready for the accuracy shooting competition and Sidney was basically a shoe in. He had been working very hard these last few months, wanting to make this moment perfect. As he shot the pucks towards the targets- breaking every single one on the first try, the arena bursted into an array of cheers for their golden boy.

A couple of reporters and hosts came over to Sidney after he was finished his round- the other players having already gone. Sidney won the competition based on time and he was beaming- but not because of the win. "How do you feel Sidney!" Someone asked him. The man laughed softly and rubbed his face. "Really good- I mean this competition goes towards a great charity and I couldn't be prouder..." Sidney was playing for the children's hospital of Pittsburgh.

"Why did you choose the children's hospital Sid?" Another reporter asked.

This was the moment- Sidney looked up into the sky box and Y/N gave him a thumbs up. He could barely see her but he knew that she was as ready for this as he was. "Well, the charity is great in itself- But we also wanted to play for a charity that was going to affect our family directly... coming in the summer, My wife is going to be having our first son- and we've chosen that hospital as our location." He admitted.

Immediately there were a bunch of gasps and the arena started cheering again- the players patted Sidney on the back as he returned and everyone was beyond thrilled with he news. "Well there you go folks- heard it here first! Sid the kid, is getting himself a kid!!!"

Sidney was going to be a great dad and the whole NHL was behind him- there would be a new Crosby on the ice sooner than the world knew it.