all in a day's work | t. seguin

Summary: One thing Tyler and his girlfriend had in common was their love for hockey. Being the supportive boyfriend he is, Tyler makes an effort to attend all your games- But this one he isn't sure he wants to be there for.

It was no secret that hockey was a dangerous sport, the players were large and strong, chasing after a small rubbed puck with huge wooden sticks. While there was padding and safety equipment, there was no doubt that getting hit hurt. Even if you technically weren't supposed to do it.

Y/N loved hockey, having grown up in a small Canadian town where the winter months seemed to be the majority of the year, there was always time to hit the ice and if she was lucky, there was a game at the rink and people would let her play. Growing up, Y/N's favourite players had been Gretzky and Crosby.

She had been fortunate enough to meet them a couple times once she really got into the sport, playing for the women's national team. It had become her full time job and she couldn't be happier. The sport had been such a big part of her life and even found her a boyfriend.

Tyler and Y/N had met at the 2014 olympics when they went to win gold. They managed to find sometime to practice together and talk and ended up exchanging numbers. It was a relationship that developed over time but they couldn't be happier. He was everything to her and they had really made quite the beautiful relationship.

When Tyler had managed to score two days off from his schedule in Dallas, he was excited to hear that Y/N would be playing a game in Toronto. She was on the women's Toronto Furies and played centre. Tyler wasn't aware just how rough the team could play, he knew they were tough and had quite the bit of energy, but women's hockey wasn't that aggressive was it?

Technically, Women weren't allowed to fight in their league. There was a few checks here and there that everyone brushed off as accident's but the whole arena could tell that tonight something was bound to go wrong- The furies were facing their rival and Y/N was heated before the match even began.

Tyler thought it was hot, of course- he was a guy. Seeing his girlfriend so worked up and pumped to play a game had his own energy skyrocketing. He couldn't wait to see her out on the ice.

At the start of the first period the puck had been dropped and the game was underway- Y/N and the rest of her team were doing their best to keep the puck towards the goalie- setting each other up for a one-timer. Two points had been scored during the first period, coming from Y/N's captain and herself.

It was a rush to score in front of her boyfriend and as Y/N cellyed hard, she could hear the other team groaning frustratedly. She gave them a couple chirps and snickered- it was all In a day's work.

After a few line changes and the other team scoring, Y/N was back on the ice- barreling down towards the offence and doing her best to get a breakaway. She felt a stick reach under her legs and she tumbled towards the ice- the ref blowing the whistle and calling a penally for tripping. Standing up, Y/N pushed herself towards the woman who had tripped her- glaring harshly and yelling out a few obscenities.

They got into each other's faces before finally the linesmen had separated them and they went off to their respective penalty boxes.

When her minutes were up, Y/N came out like a storm- ready to beat the other team to a pulp and win this. She scored a hat trick and the arena lit up! Her arms were raised in the air and they started the play again.

With 15 minutes left in the game, Y/N was hoping to prove herself. The team was in the lead and the other women's team was fired up. The same person that had tripped Y/N was beyond angry and checked her Into the boards- the way Y/N had fell was excruciating, her head hit the boards and her neck twisted to the side. Pain erupted through her body and she felt everything become muffled- barely hearing what was going on.

When the woman didn't stand up right away, the linesmen rushed over and her own teammates surrounded her, Tyler standing up from his seat and watching worriedly. His mind was racing and he kept muttering under his breath "Get up... come on- get up..." the people around him could see how worried he was and they gave him room to exit the section, heading down to the tunnel as Y/N was pulled off the ice.

Her head was hung low and she was barely present, her eyes looked around as the lights became blinding. Her whole body was numb and she was sure that she couldn't more her right arm if she tried. The trainer was looking her over once they had her sat against the bench. Her teammates were continuing the game and Tyler rounded the corner with a worried expression.

He knew it was best to let the trainers do their job and then they would tell him the news as soon as they figured it out themselves.

Y/N had slowly started to come back to her senses once the shock wore off. Sighing softly she gave her head a shake and looked up at Tyler. Her shoulder was dislocated and she had a pretty bad concussion- but the trainer was able to reset her shoulder and they got her out of her gear.

"I would take her home, she isn't playing again for a while and the lights and noise won't help her head." After giving her some pain medication, the trainer handed her off to Tyler who was worried sick.

He managed to get her back to her car and drove them to her apartment. If she was going to be off from playing for a few weeks- he didn't want to leave her here. "I think you should come back to Dallas with me." He spoke softly. The girl looked at him and chuckled, trying to move her arm which had been placed in a sling- wincing softly she knew she couldn't fight him on it.

"Alright doc-" she chuckled. One way or another, Tyler was going to find a way to take care of her. And if that meant she had to travel to Texas with him for a while, so be it.

This was nothing she hadn't dealt with before. It was all in a day's work.