secrets revealed | t.jost

Summary: Tyson has done his best to conceal the fact that he's colour-blind when it comes to dating Y/N, but now she knows and its al thanks to a stupid green dress

Requested: Yes

Tyson Jost had seen his fair share of relationships, even though he was only 21 years old and he was still fairly young- he was tired of the one-night stands and random tinder hookups. All through high school, he had only ever focused on hockey and dated girls very briefly, but something about them never sat right- he couldn't see himself being with them long-term.

But when a fiery woman named Y/N had come into his life, he felt like he was being graced by some god and given a chance at real love. She was amazing and every time he was with her, the hockey player felt alive. They got along great and had so much in common that he didn't want to risk losing her.

Even if that meant keeping a secret from her.

Being colour-blind was by no means a terrible curse or something for Tyson to be ashamed of. But in the back of his mind- he would remember the voices of a few kids who used to tease him about it, and the thought of Y/N thinking he was weird was more than he could handle at the moment.

What if she decided to leave him because of it? If they ever got married and had kids, there would be a chance that his kids would be colour-blind too. That thought always made Tyson sad- his baby wouldn't be able to see everything to the fullest extent of their beauty.

Tyson knew that eventually he would have to tell his girlfriend that he was colour-blind, but he simply didn't know how. They had been dating for a little over a year now and he had yet to face a situation where it was brought up. Surely there had been ample of opportunities for him to come clean- but they had gotten this far, was it really necessary for her to know?

They were getting ready to go out for one of Y/N's co worker's birthdays when the girl had asked him to grab the green dress out of her closet. Leaning against the door frame of the bathroom, he watched as Y/N fixed her earrings, putting the finishing touches on her makeup and spraying some quick hold into her hair- the beautiful Lockes were curled to the side and Tyson swore she looked like a Hollywood actress.

"Mind getting my green dress out of the closet babe?" Y/N asked softly, looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror- feeling the hair raise on the back of his neck, his arms were instantly covered in goosebumps. Shit. Green? He gave her a smile and nodded, heading to the bedroom and looking through the closet-

There were a few articles of clothing that he could make out and eliminate them from the choices, but then it came between three dresses. They were all the same length so it wasn't like he could ask if it was long or short. Sighing softly, he picked up the one on the right and headed to the bathroom. "Here-" he went to pass it over.

Y/N turned around and looked at him going to reach for it before she halted. "No babe the green one-" she pushed it back softly against his chest- her smile was kind and she rolled her eyes playfully, to her- Tyson was just being a guy who had no clue about fashion, but she didn't realize that in his mind he was panicking.

"Oh yeah right! My bad." He chuckled nervously. Scratching the back of his head- he headed back to the bedroom and breathed heavily. He felt like he was going to throw up as he paced back in forth in front of her closet- its green. Its the green one. GREEN. He chanted in his head. He looked at the two remaining dresses and groaned.

It was literally a 50/50 chance of him getting this right.

Grabbing the dress that was in the middle, he brushed his hands over the satin fabric, hoping that his actions would somehow help him identify the colour. Walking into the bathroom with a sheepish grin, he cleared his throat.

Y/N turned around and furrowed her brows. "Tys- the green one- come on this isn't funny I have to finish getting ready or were gonna be late." She took the dress from him and walked back to the bedroom to get the dress herself.

Nothing that now she was annoyed, Tyson gulped. "I really thought that one was green..." He mumbled. His girlfriend turned around and looked at him, confused on what he meant. "Ty- its orange... I- are you okay?" She asked softly, her hand reached out and pressed to his forehead- concerned that he might be having a stroke or something.

Chuckling awkwardly, Tyson took a hold of her wrist and moved it away from his head. He walked towards the bed and sat down next to her. "Im fine hun- I just- I couldn't tell if it was green or not..." he muttered. "Y/N im colourblind." He confessed.

An expression of shock crossed over Y/N's face, her eyes widening as she looked at him- her lips parted slightly and she felt her shoulders slump. Immediately Tyson became nervous- he thought she might laugh or maybe get angry at him for not telling her, but when Y/N spoke again, he felt nothing but relief. "I never noticed? Im so sorry..." his girlfriend apologized, gripping his hand tightly.

Letting out a soft laugh, Tyson shook his head. "You're not mad?" He asked, furrowing his brows as he smiled. This time it was the girl's turn to chuckle. "No of course not! Theres nothing wrong with that! I love you just the same." She pecked his cheek.

She quickly went to the closet and grabbed the green dress- getting changed into it and posing for him. "See? No big deal..." she grinned. As Tyson stood up, he wrapped his arms around the girl's waist. "You know- I may not be able to see the colour, but I am still able to see that you look absolutely stunning!"

He gave her a spin and kissed her lips, the two of them heading off to enjoy the party.