exclusive | m. barzal

Summary: Although you were never official, there was a mutual understanding of being exclusive with mat brazil. When he takes another girl home one night, you give him the cold shoulder until he makes up for it.

Requested: YES

The smell of sweat and bourbon was leaking through the bar as Y/N sat in the corner- her skin had a dewy hint to it from the highlighter she was wearing mixed with her dancing from earlier. While a hot young girl was usually chatting with her friends or getting a hookup in order for the night, Y/N found herself staring longingly after a man across the bar. Young and attractive with dark brown hair and a snapback against his head.

Mat Barzal.

While they had Never made their relationship official, the long nights and early morning whispers shared between them had lead the girl to believe that they were exclusive. Because Y/N wasn't just a hookup. Mat took her on dates and spent the weekends at her apartment- he had met her parents and they were spending a majority of their time together.

It wasn't just sex.

They had a relationship, or at least YN thought they did. As she watched him stand against the bar with an older looking woman holding onto his arm- she wasn't sure where they stood. Maybe he had gotten bored of her? Maybe he was leading her on this entire time and she had read too much into the situation- maybe he simply just didn't care.

As the woman giggled and draped herself over Mat, Y/N saw red. Her jealousy was getting the best of her but she didn't care, standing up from the booth- she grabbed her drink and chugged it down before taking off into the dance floor- she just wanted to ignore Mat for a while, he was pretty good at doing that to her anyways.

It didn't take long before Mat had slipped out of the bar, leading the woman behind him- sadness pent up in Y/N's chest and she drank herself away that night. After that, she headed home and ignored all of Mat's calls. Whether he was texting her for a booty call or just to hang out, she was ignoring him and being petty.

Only three days had passed before Mat finally showed up at Y/N's apartment- he had flowers in his hand and an apologetic look on his face. "I screwed up- I know." He spoke as soon as the door opened, letting out a scoff- Y/N tried to close the door on him but he had stuck his foot into the door and slipped inside to the apartment.

"Please just hear me out- I know I fucked up..." He set the flowers down and took her hands into his own, his eyes searching for some hint of emotion that Y/N was going to forgive him. "I know that we are exclusive... But I swear to god that I didn't sleep with that girl. I just walked her home." He promised her.

Y/N's gaze softened as she listened to him, she didn't totally believe him- considering that she knew his reputation before she had come into his life. "I don't know Mat..." the girl mumbled- moving to pull away from him and walk towards the living room couch. He followed after her and sat down in front of her on his knees. "What? You don't know that I think you're amazing and one of the best things that has ever happened to me? You don't know that I am hopelessly in love with you and want you to be my girlfriend?" He asked desperately.

The girl's eyes widened at his confession and she felt her lips part. "You love me?" The words stumbled out and she couldn't stop herself from having to take a minute to catch her breath. She watched as the boy turned pale and nodded softly. He scratched the back of his head and chuckled nervously. "Yeah I mean... You're amazing and these last few months have been great- I know that we were only messing around at first, but we slowly transitioned into a relationship and I want it to be official." He admitted.

A smile broke apart Y/N's face and she lunged forward, grasping him by his collar ad smashing her lips to his- he was quick to reciprocate and absolutely loved feeling her against him. Wrapping his arms around her waist, the girl hummed softly and brushed her hair out of her face. When they finally pulled away for air, the girl grinned. "Promise that you didn't do anything with that girl?" She asked hesitantly.

The man smiled and nodded eagerly. "Baby- you're the only girl that's on my mind." He reassured her, he was being honest and didn't want anyone else- Y/N was more than enough for him and he felt like it was a miracle that he even got the chance to be with her.

Y/N was his, and he was hers.