desperate measures | t.jost

Summary: Y/N was slowly but surely achieving her dream of being a Athletic injury Therapist, she was going to an amazing school and scored an internship with the Colorado Avs hockey team as a PT. As a certain player takes interest in her, she finds that he is getting injured more often.

Requested: yessss

When Y/N had first moved to Colorado for school, the last thing she expected was to be offered an internship with the Colorado avalanche as a physical therapist. If anything, she thought that she might be lucky enough to shadow the coaches on the school teams- but nothing as professional as the NHL.

She had proven herself in the first 3 years of her studies and now at 21 years old and in her final year of school, she was working part time for the big boys.

Through her time with the avs, she had become close with a few of them. She was never with them too long unless they were injured- so it didn't bother her. However, there had been one player that seemed to be getting injured more often than the others.

Tyson Jost.

The moment Tyson had met Y/N he knew he was head over heels. Not only were they both from St. Albert, but they had a lot of the same interests. Hockey being one of them. Even though Y/N didn't play, she still loved watching the games and had really enjoyed her time with the avs.

One of the only issues was that he never saw her around unless he got hurt- so he started to throw himself into the boards a few more times than he normally would, complaining about his back and his knee- he knew that he was playing a dangerous game because if the coaches thought he was really hurt, they might pull him and take away his ice time.

Walking into her office, Y/N rolled her eyes with a chuckle- looking down at her clipboard. "Tyson Jost- Why am I not surprised?" She giggled softly, sitting down on the stool, Tyson was on the medical examination table- he was holding his knee and the girl rolled her eyes. she knew that he wasn't actually hurt or in need of her service.

She had clocked onto his little crush after hearing some of the guys tease him and chirp him about it.

Brushing his hand against the back of his neck, Tyson smiled sheepishly. "I think I pulled a muscle in my knee- it kind of hurts." He was a terrible liar but in all honesty, Y/N thought that it was cute- she liked the way his cheeks flared up and he was always so sweet.

Deciding to joke around with him for a little bit, the girl nodded. "Okay let me take a look." Walking closer, she placed the clipboard down on the desk and started to inspect his knee- she made a few noises that would let him know she was concerned. "This doesn't look good." She mumbled under her breath.

Tyson's brows immediately furrowed. "Wait what?" He was beginning to panic- this started out as a way to get closer to Y/N and maybe see if she liked him, but now he might actually have something wrong with him?

"Yeah- looks like you tore the ligament... The nerve has died which is why you're not in any pain- I might have to call the coach in so he can get a real doctor's opinion, But an injury like this usually calls for surgery and then at least six months of physio." She exaggerated.

The man's eyes widened at her diagnosis and he immediately shook his head. "I was lying! I just wanted to se you- No surgery I fine!" He confessed, standing up and grabbing her wrists as she headed to the door.

Looking up at him and starting to giggle softly, Y/N bit her lip and looked up at him. "Tyson- I know... I was making a joke because I know you like me." She admitted, her eyes were full of playful emotion. She knew it was stupid but he had it coming.

Tyson's cheeks flushed red and he shook his head. He pouted sadly and bit his lip. "You know?" He asked, the girl couldn't tell if his tone was hopeful or disappointed.

Moving a bit closer, Y/N nodded softly. She brushed her hands along his bicep and took his hands into her own. "Yeah and wanna know something else?" She paused, waiting for his reaction before continuing. "I like you too." She admitted.

Tyson smiled brightly and wrapped his arms around her. "Good because that means I can do this..." he hummed lowly before leaning down and pressing his lips to hers. It wasn't lustful or rough- just a sweet passionate kiss.