perfect fit | s. crosby

Summary: When Y/N meets Sidney, she has no idea who he is. Which makes him fall hard.

Requested: yes and im so in love with this request

Y/N was a simple woman. She liked hanging out with her friends, she liked her dog, and she enjoyed her personal space. She had a few hobbies here and there, but hockey was never her thing. She didn't grow up around it and she didn't have any friends that were into it, so the world of mens hockey was lost on her.

Which was fine by her. She didn't know what she was missing, because she genuinely didn't know what that world held.

So when Sidney Crosby strolled into the store she worked at one day looking to get a suit made, she didn't think anything of it. He was just another customer. That being said, he was a fairly attractive customer.

Her boss Marvin had taken the day off which meant Y/N was running the entire tailor shop. From taking phone calls to doing the fittings and alterations, she was captain of it all. It was just towards the end of closing when the man walked in, a sweater hugging his torso and skinny jeans clung to his legs. "Hi sir! Are you picking up or ordering?" Y/N asked, glancing up from the counter and smiling.

Sidney bowed his head. "Ordering- I need a specialty suit made." He explained. One of his teammates had been getting his suits here for years and Sidney wanted to start appreciating some of the local businesses more. He missed his home town more than anything, so he felt like the least he could do was try to give back to the community in Pittsburgh. It would remind him at least a little bit of him.

"Okay lovely, Do you already have your measurements?" Y/N asked, grabbing the long taper measure from around her neck and holding it.

Sidney shook his head. "Nope, I'll need it custom fit though." He explained.

Nodding along, Y/N lead him towards the back so that he could look in the mirrors and describe the type of fit he was looking for. "Cool- just so you know custom fits are an extra charge, as well as specific materials and patterns are all extra." She told him.

"If we happen to have a suit that you like, I can do my best to make some alterations which will also be cheaper." She had gotten a lot of clients over the years that were trying to find the best suit the most cost effective way, so she made a point to tell all of her clients that came in what their options were.

"Money isn't an issue for me- I just need a suit." Sidney blushed embarrassedly. He was rather confused as to why this woman hadn't gaped at him in shock yet. Did she not recognize him?

"In that case- allow me to show you this new material we just got in, it's a dark navy blue velvet and I think it would look amazing with these new black satin lapels that the owner hand makes." She grinned excitedly. As she went to grab the fabrics, she called over her shoulder.

"My name is Y/N by the way! Whats your name sir?" She asked.

Sidney felt like his heart had just been ripped out of his chest. Like he was being thrown into ice cold water he gaped at her. She didn't know his name. She had no clue who he was. Was this a joke? Was she just trying to be nice?

"Uh- my name is Sid." He answered her. "Sidney." He choked on his words.

Y/N chuckled softly. She came back out now holding a pin cushion and the new materials. "Its nice to meet you Sidney- Is there a special occasion that you need the suit for?" She asked. The tailor shop had several different styles of suits. Some were more modern and sleek, usually used for weddings or anniversaries, then they had some more square-looking cuts with shoulder pads that many executives like to purchase.