first priority | s. crosby

Summary: Being Married to Sidney Crosby was more than Y/N had imagined, but it also came with its challenges

From prompt list: 4 and 20 w/ Sidney Crosby

Requested: YES!

Y/N had done it all- she had stuck by him in the worst of times, taken care of their kids when he was on the road- cared for the dog and house all alone so he could live his dream. She was a superhero of a woman- an amazing sense of character and a good head on her shoulders, she had been the perfect wife and never once thought of being unfaithful.

But suddenly as she asked Sidney to do something for her, which in her eyes it was something small- it was like all hell broke loose. Starting off rather calmly, the couple had been sitting on the back porch of their home in Cole Harbour- summer rays pouring down from the sun and warming their bodies as they took some time to relax.

Sidney had been growing out his scruff of a beard, usually he kept it shaven unless it was playoffs- but as they had just had a rough end to the season, and Sidney was nursing his 6th concussion of his career- along with a hernia. In his depressive state of not being able to play for a while, the feeling of hair against his cheeks and upper lip reminded him of the penguins Stanley cup win all those yers ago. His hand was placed into his wife's as they looked out into the backyard.

Their kids, Tommy and Marcus were running back and forth with a foam football- the twins had come into their lives about 5 years ago, a year after they got married. It certainly wasn't planned and had been a shock- and even bigger one when they found out there would be two mini Crosbys running around, but nonetheless- Y/N and Sidney had taken it in stride- always having asked about starting a family eventually.

"So I was thinking..." Y/N began, a small grin stretching upon her lips. She looked over at her husband and he saw the ways her eyes lit up- a familiar innocent sparkle that usually came with a suggestion to change the furniture or go to the movies on date night instead of dinner. "Oh here we go..." Sidney teased, laughing as his wife leaned over and gave him a shove.

Rolling her eyes at him, she took her hand away and reached for her laptop- which had been sitting on the coffee table at their feet. "What if we went on vacation?" She hummed- handing him the device, she had a few different trips laid out across the screen- along with the prices and hotels and things to do- she had really thought everything out so that she could answer any questions he might have. "We could go to Mexico... Or Paris- maybe Australia or Scotland?" She was starting to get excited as she showed him the different options.

When Sidney didn't respond right away, Y/N frowned- she was expecting a least a "yeah maybe" or a question about if the kids would be going. "You have all the trips planned for the beginning and middle of the season- I can't go." He spoke bluntly, Sidney was convinced that he would somehow make a lightning-quick recovery and that he would be on the ice soon, knowing well that the doctors stated he wouldn't be able to play again until the last third of the coming season.

He had taken far too many hits to the head and as much as he didn't want to admit it, he wasn't as young as he once was- Not to say that 32 was old- because it certainly wasn't, but when you're playing with 19-24 years old mainly. You get worn out quick.

Sighing, Y/N shook her head. "Sidney you won't be playing- the coach and the doctors already told you that." She didn't mean to get snappy with him, but all through their relationship everything had been planned around hockey. Their wedding and their dates- even the kids! They had put off their honeymoon just so he could focus on training.

Sidney's eyes narrowed as he glared at her crossing his arms over his chest- to some it might look intimidating, but by now- Y/N was used to it ad he looked like a child about to throw a tantrum. "They said I wouldn't be playing if I was still injured- if I follow my plan, I'll be back on the ice In no time." He protested-however he wasn't quick enough to beat the sharp tongue of his wife. 'Yes and then you'll be off again in three months because you rushed your recovery." She growled.