serve and protect | m. tkachuk

Summary: abusive boyfriend and Matthew comes to the girl's aid because he has feelings and is really over protective of her

Requested: Yes

Please be advised that this covers triggering subjects <3

Y/N had always been one of those girl's that said if she ever found herself in an abusive relationship, she would put an end to it right away and get help. Because when she watched tv shows that featured women struggling in toxic relationships, she was always able to call out the red flags and dictate what her plan would be if that situation ever happened to her.

She was a strong women, no where near being weak. The woman was a fighter.

But when it came to Daniel, there was always an excuse. Something about him had her so wrapped around his finger that even though she was covered in bruises half of the time, she was always running back to him.

It started off small at first, her boyfriend would tell her that an outfit looked too risqué or that her actions were slutty, that turned into him raising his voice more often during fights and throwing his hands into the air so the girl would fear him and back down. But after doing that for a couple of months, Daniel and Y/N really got into it one night.

Daniel was flirting with a girl at the bar and Y/N saw it with her own eyes, she called him on his behaviour and he became defensive.

"Are you kidding me? I wasn't flirting with her." Daniel slammed the apartment door behind him as he walked in behind her. They had just gotten home from a night out and the gloves were coming off. If his girlfriend wanted an argument, then she was going to get one.

Y/N threw her purse down onto the couch and kicked her shoes off at the door, her mind was clouded with alcohol, but she was sober enough to know that Daniel was a piece of shit. "Oh please- if I wasn't there, you would've fucked her in the bathroom!" She shouted at him.

Within an instant, Daniel had her pinned against the wall- his right hand was wrapped tightly around her throat while the other pointed I her face. "Watch your mouth- or I'll make you regret it." His voice was low and dangerous, Y/N stiffened, feeling like a bucket of ice water had been dumped over her.

The man blinked a few times and suddenly dropped her, letting go as if she was a deadly disease as he created distance between them. "I-im sorry... I didn't mean it." He stuttered anxiously.

Absolutely paralyzed be her shock, Y/N just nodded numbly- hands brushing against her throat where bruises were already forming. A few black dots danced in her vision but they disappeared as soon as they came.

Y/N slept with her back to Daniel that night, if you can even call it sleeping- she was in and out of her rest, tossing and turning as she stared at the wall for hours on end.

When the woman went for brunch with her friends a few days later, they commented on the bruises littered around her neck. The girl just laughed and said that they tried to spice up their sex life- the girls weren't convinced in the slightest, but the guys seemed to think it was a good excuse.

Over the next few months, things seemed to take a turn for the worst.

Daniel was getting more physical and the screaming matches were occurring more often. They usually ended with Y/N getting a slap to the cheek or a harsh grip along her bicep. Her friends were noticing that she stopped coming out as much, something they were all worried about.

Every time they went to check up on her, Y/N either said that she was busy with work, or that her and Daniel were having a date night- the excuses seemed to come so easily that it was second nature. Through the time apart, everyone in the friend group was having their own suspicions, most particularly Matthew Tkachuk.