bump in the road | t. seguin

Summary: A pregnancy scare with Dallas Boy Seguin

Requested: yES :)

How did this happen? How did they let this happen? They had been so careful and taken every precaution but now Y/N was pacing around her boyfriend's house holding a positive pregnancy test. The dark hardwood floors creaked under her beet as she was practically burning a hole in the floor- her hands were shaking and her mind was all over the place. The dogs were running around her feet, circling her as if they could sense her ever-growing anxiety.

The sunlight pouring in from the beautiful day outside was a stark contrast to the environment of the home. The blue skies and birds chirping seemed to be mocking Y/N as she tried to run over every possibility in her head. Maybe she missed her birth control, made the condom broke. The woman was struggling to come to terms with the tiny pink test in her hands- two lines ready to change her life forever.

Sitting down on the couch, Y/N couldn't stop her legs from tapping. She had to be at work in three hours and she wasn't sure if she could function through an entire shift without throwing up- this time it wasn't from morning sickness, but from anxiety and fear.

When Y/N hadn't gotten her period like expected, the first thing she did was check her calendar. She was due for Aunt flow on the 6th, but now it was the 12th but she had yet to experience the cramps or the wave of nausea and cravings that always followed. Her first fear was that she was pregnant, so like any logical adult, she cried first on the bathroom floor and then picked herself up- getting dressed and heading to the pharmacy to pick up a test or two.

The drive to the store was one filled with anxiety and nerves, her hands tapping against the steering wheel the entire way and her mind racing as she struggled to focus on the road- in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea for her to drive when she was in shock, but with her boyfriend out of town on a road trip and her sister in Canada, she didn't know what to do.

The aisles in the store did nothing to help ease Y/N's fear. There were so many different choices and as she walked into the section where the condoms and pregnancy tests were- she couldn't help but feel like she was being judged. The faces of babies on the diaper packages and a mother pushing a stroller haunted Y/N as she walked to the register- paying quickly and leaving without a second thought. She wanted to get home and take this stupid test.

Now in the living room with the dogs at her feet and staring at the test in her hands, Y/N didn't know what to do. She knew that she couldn't go to work like this. Not when she was crying every five minutes and practically at the point of screaming into her pillow. So she reached out to the only friend she trusted with such a secret.

Katie. Jamie Benn's long-time girlfriend.

Explaining the news over the phone was hard but the woman got through it. Her friend promised to be there within a matter of 15 minutes and when she arrived, Y/N felt a wave of calm wash over her. The blonde girl had picked up some saltine crackers and Ginger-ale to hopefully subside the nausea once the morning sickness began.

She had gone through this once or twice before with her own love affairs so she was prepared.

Y/N couldn't thank her friend enough, immediately embracing her and holding on tight as she cried for what was presumably the second or third time that day. They talked everything through starting with How Y/N felt about it but also what she wanted to say to Tyler.

"Are you going to tell him?" Katie asked nervously, she knew how private Y/N was but this wasn't something she could exactly keep to herself. He would start to notice eventually.

Nodding shakily, the woman rubbed her hand over her face- she had finally calmed down a bit and started to relax. "Yeah... He gets home tonight from the Roadie.." She looked at her phone to check the time and sighed. She had about 4 hours until he got home. As much as Y/N wanted to keep talking to Katie, she needed to have a rest- she was exhausted and wanted to sleep for a little bit.

Katie packed up her things and gave Y/N another big hug- saying congratulations before she headed out.

Standing In the house alone, Y/N looked around. The dogs had been staying close to her all morning which she was relieved about. Normally three big dogs was a lot for a small lady like her to take care of- but it was something she had grown used to. With every game away from home, Y/N became the one who took care of the dogs.

After a moment of reflection, the woman put the dogs outside to do their business quickly before she lead them upstairs to the bedroom- crawling into bed and closing her eyes. She tossed and turned for a while before Marshall had come up and laid against her chest- the weight of his head against her chest soothing her enough to allow her to fall asleep.

Tyler had walked into the house a few hours later, he was surprised to see that the dogs weren't jumping at his feet and Y/N wasn't rushing towards him to greet him after not being together for a week or so. Making his way through the house, he called out a few times softly- not wanting to spook her or the dogs.

When he found them all in bed sleeping soundly, his heart swelled and he smiled. Walking towards her side of the bed. He stopped in his tracks upon seeing the test on the night stand. Picking it up, he felt his stomach drop. Two pink lines. Shakily, he sat down at the end of the bed- the dogs starting to wake up and wag their tails upon seeing their dad home.

Y/N shifted under the blankets once the dogs jumped off the bed, her eyes opening slowly as she saw Tyler sitting at the end of the bed. "You're home early.." She commented innocently, sleep laced in her tone as she had almost completely forgotten about the test.

With tears in his eyes, Tyler turned and looked at her with concern. "You're pregnant?" He asked hands shaking as he held the test delicately- it was almost sacred and he wasn't sure what to do with it.

Immediately, Y/N felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She was still scared, but at least now she didn't have to figure out how to tell him. "Yeah.. I think so." She sighed, sitting up entirely and rubbing her face. He looked at her and nodded softly. He didn't know how to feel about it. He loved Y/N and he wasn't going to leave her if she decided to keep the baby, but he wasn't sure that he was ready for kids yet.

"How do you feel?" He asked her, bringing her into a hug and kissing the top of her head. Y/N smiled softly and looked down. "Im scared- but I know whatever we decided to do, we'll make the right decision." She promised him.

Brushing her hair out of her face, Tyler nodded softly. "Lets make a doctors appointment- we can go through everything and then make a decision." It was a good idea, it would confirm that she was pregnant and give them an estimate of how far along she was.

The next morning, they had gone to the doctors office- sitting together nervously as they tried to figure out a plan. They had decided that they were going to keep the baby and stay together. They talked about marriage but didn't think that was important right now.

But the news they got after was almost devastating, They had started planning this little life around the idea of them having a baby and starting a family- and while it was unplanned, The couple were actually excited.

Y/N wasn't pregnant. The test had been a false positive and she was just late, her cycle would come eventually but the doctor did blood work and every single test possible. She wasn't pregnant and there was no baby.

Leaving the office with disappointment hanging over them, Tyler looked over and held Y/N's hand tightly. "It wasn't the right time for us to have a baby anyways..." he tried to reassure her. "But it would been nice.." He agreed with how she was feeling.

Smiling softly, the girl looked at him and chuckled. "At least now we know that we want kids one day..." she tilted her head and kissed his cheek.

Tyler smirked. "We can practice in the meantime."