memories | t. konecny

Summary: Just a fluff piece about spending a day with Travis in the winter

Based on #4 from prompt list 2.0

Winter in Philadelphia was something Y/N had grown to love. Moving away from home was difficult, any sense of familiarity the girl once had was gone. Her long drives to school no longer included her going to Tim Hortons to get coffee, she didn't have her dog or her cat to cuddle with at night, she never passed the elementary school that used to put on a Christmas show every year.

Instead, she was taking the train from the subway, passing various railways and heading through an old historic city on her way to work. It was different, but slowly she started to like it. The cold months of the year were always her favourite. The way the snow fell softly against her cheek- and how if she was lucky, the snow was just wet enough to make snow balls and snow men... How pond hockey seemed to be rare but not non-existent.

However, out of all things, her absolute favourite was spending time with her boyfriend Travis. They had met shortly after she moved to Pennsylvania She had to stick to tradition of watching hockey, so why not go support the home team? She had never been to an NHL game before hand- growing up, her memories were always made sitting in front of the television screen.

It was rather awkward the first time they met, Y/N was still relatively new to the city- having only lived their for a few weeks. She took the wrong exit and somehow ended up at the back of the arena where the players were supposed to go in- she bumped into travis who noticed the girl shaking in the cold. She seemed nervous, and not in the usual way a fan would be.

Since he had a little bit of time, he decided to be a gentlemen and try to help her out- walking over to wear she stood trying to get into the locked doors, he chuckled softly. "Can I help you?" He asked with a smile. Instantly the girl spun around, flaming red cheeks as she looked as though she had just been caught committing a crime.

Pressing her lips into a thin line and letting out a nervous giggle the girl nodded. "Yeah I uhm- Im new to the city and I bought tickets for the game... Im just really lost I dont really know where to go." She blushed a bright red- not having any clue that Travis was on the team. He was instantly smitten by her, and after pretending that he worked at the arena- which he kind of did- he showed her around and bid her goodbye.

Not without getting her number of course.

After being friends for a while, Travis acted as Y/N's tour guide and helped her get used to the city. They grew really close and The hockey player took it upon himself to ask her on a date- luckily for him she agreed and now a year and a half later, they had an amazing relationship.

They weren't living together yet which didn't bother either of them. It was nice to have some space, especially with both of their hectic schedules. But when they were together, the time was cherished.

It was date night and Y/N couldn't be more excited. Travis wanted to go skating which the girl was absolutely down for. She didn't get the chance to go very often due to school- Even though she was struggling with skating backwards and stopping, who better to teach her than a professional hockey player?

Bundling up in her winter coat, some gloves, a toque and travis' jersey which he had gifted her a few months after they started dating- Y/N felt ready to take on the world. She had sweatpants on with another pair of leggings on underneath, not only to block the cold- but also to protect her when she was bound to fall.

Hopping off the train, she arrived at the same time as Travis- walking towards his car and greeting him with a kiss. She had her skates in one hand and held his in the other. Over his shoulder was his hockey bag and she couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Do you really need all your gear?" She giggled softly.

The brunette shrugged. "You never know- I brought some sticks and a couple pucks just incase you wanted to play one on one." He explained. Letting out a chuckle, they both knew that was really code for travis flying up and down the pond while Y/N stood like a pilon- at the very most, giving him a poke check.

Heading down to the pond- they took a seat on the benches, each tying their own skates. Finally Travis saw how much trouble Y/N was having to get the ankles tight enough. Standing up in front of her, he had her put her foot up between his thighs- careful not to slice him with the blade, but allowing him to tie the laces.

He had convinced her to get waxed laces since they wouldn't slide as much and would stay tight while she wore them. The only downside was that she needed to have more strength in her hands in order to pull them tight. "Thank you babe." Y/N hummed- taking his hand and walking onto the ice with him once he had fixed her up.

The sun had set a while ago and above them hung a dark purple sky, a few stars littered around- but not really visible due to all the pollution and street lights. Taking in the brisk air, Y/N shuffled her way onto the ice- she could skate but she was not nearly as confident in her abilities as Travis was.

They did a couple of laps around the rink just getting used to the curves and divots before TK got out the sticks and pucks. He wanted to play a couple of rounds, but Y/N had other ideas- her goal was to keep the puck away from him and get a goal. They hadn't gotten the chance to spend some quality time like this in a while- just the two of them with no one else around.

Failing miserably to keep the puck away from him, Y/N skated slowly after him- Travis spinning around and saucing her a pass. The girl took a shot at the tiny 'goal' they had made out of snow. As it passed the tiny little wall of snow, she cheered. Looking rather smug, the girl joked that she could take Travis on easily.

Travis took her up on the offer and they started skating around the rink- attempting to fight each other for the puck but only ending up falling into a pile on the ice. Y/N giggled softly and her boyfriend pulled her onto his chest- the orange jersey making her look like an actual pilot. "What are you doing?" She asked, noticing how he was looking at her with such love and adoration.

Smiling as he brushed a piece of hair out of her face, the hockey player chuckled. "Im taking a mental picture." He told her. He really was- taking in the soft red tinge of her cheeks, the slightly chapped flesh upon her lips- and how she had decided to only put mascara on that day instead of her usual full face of makeup. She was absolutely stunning and Travis had never been more in love.

"I think thats a memory babe." Y/N hummed, pulling away and letting him help her up. Skating towards the benches where they got ready to go home. Travis watched after her- relishing in the fact that they really had a great night. "Its a great memory..." he mumbled under his breath. He hoped that she would be with him forever and that he would never have to be alone one day and just remember what they had.

He was never going to let her go.