shoot your shot | t. seguin

Summary: 4 times Tyler tried to use pick up lines to win Y/N's heart, and then the one time he just asked her out

Requested: Yes

It was halloween, The best time of year in Tyler's opinion. When he was younger, he loved it because it gave him the chance to see girl half naked without doing much work- he was a boob guy, what can he say? It was also his favourite time of year because of the weather, there was nothing like taking a walk with the dogs and smelling the familiar burning of a campfire or feeling the crunch of leaves beneath his feet. October always brought great memories, like the time he went trick or treating with his sisters and they got large candy bars at a house down the road from their own, or like the time he scored his first hockey goal.

Fall was an amazing time of year, and because Halloween was so important to him, Tyler found himself throwing the biggest party of the season. Other than playoffs of course.

His house was filled to the brim with people, some of them he didn't know, but the rest were teammates and friend's everyone accompanied by a date. He was dressed as Mario, a costume he had put together with Jamie and one of the other guys. They bought these tiny toy cars and attached balloons to them, driving around the house and showing off for their guests. The three of them were Mario, Luigi and Yoshi. A Nintendo dream.

Making his way towards the living room, Tyler parked by the couch, he was in front of Y/N, a friend of the team. Tyler couldn't remember who she was friends with, but the first time he had met her- they had been going to Disneyland, it was during the offseason and everyone had planned this trip months ago. One of the guys was going to bring their girlfriend, but they ended up splitting so Y/N was given the ticket.

There was an odd number of people in their group for the rides so Tyler took it upon himself to hang back and go on the rides with Y/N so she wouldn't be by herself. They found themselves getting along swimmingly, it was nice- even though one of Tyler's friends was bummed about not having their girlfriend around, it turned into a good situation for the hockey player and Y/N to become friends.

Friends, because Tyler hadn't been the best at flirting back then. They were standing in line waiting to ride the teacups when Tyler decided to be cheeky. "Theres something wrong with my phone, It doesn't have your number in it." He grinned at the girl. The sun was beating down at them and as he waved his phone in front of Y/N's face, he didn't realize that she hadn't been listening to him.

"Maybe the heat did something to it." She hummed, holding her hand in front of her face to block the sun. She had a dopey grin upon her face. Even if she hadn't noticed, Tyler's ego was still a little wounded. He let it go though and spent the rest of the day hanging out with his new friend, she was amazing to be around.

Ever since then, Y/N had been showing up to more and more events, she was often found at brunches with the WAGs or attending games in the box, she had even earned herself a key to Tyler's house whenever she wanted to come over.

Looking down at the three boys as they parked in the living room, Y/N laughed softly. "You know- you might end up getting a parking ticket, I think someone is dressed as a sexy cop around here." She winked at them, taking a sip from the beer in her red solo cup.

The woman was wearing a football player's costume. Just a cheap thing she picked up from the local halloween store. She had a jersey style dress on and white tennis shoes, black strips painted under her eyes and a number 10 on the front of her shirt. She was cute, not over doing it like some, but still incredibly sexy in Tyler's eyes.

Over the course of their friendship, he had developed feelings for her- they were mutual but Y/N was so oblivious to how Tyler felt that she never acted on her own.