inked | t. seguin

Summary: Tyler thought he knew everything about Y/N, but hidden against her shoulder is a small piece of art that he has yet to discover

Requested: Yes

There was no better way to describe the bar than that is was hot. The humid air mixed with the smell of beer and various fragrances coming from the crowd's array of perfume and cologne- body sprays and lotions that each held a scent of their own. Everything was muddled and thrown together in a haze as the group moved around the dance floor.

Dim lighting hung overhead and music thumped through the small rinky-dink sound set up that the owner had spent less than a hundred dollars on. It was a dive bar. In all it's glory, the establishment was unapologetic about what it was. A dirty, grimy, sweaty pub.

The bar also happened to be the top choice of the Dallas stars. The building was low-key enough that they could go more than once a week, and the team had even become rather close to the owner- Jesse.

What had started as a part-time job for the older man when he was 21, had quickly turned into his passion and home- now fourteen years later, he was standing behind the bar, towel thrown over his shoulder as he slung drinks back and forth.

Sliding a beer to one of his usual customers at the end of the bar, Jesse hummed. "No girl tonight Tyler?" The man asked- his silver-fox hair complimenting his olive toned skin. The young hockey player chuckled as he raised the bourbon coloured bottle up in a toast. As he took a sip and tasted the malty liquid against his tongue, he protested. "Oh no- she's here. But she's decided dancing with strangers is better than hanging out with me." He teased, sarcasm dripping off his lips cheekily.

Tyler was in his usual get-up, curly brown hair tucked underneath a grey snapback, white t-shirt paired with some black jeans while a watch clung to his wrist. His tattoos were on full display and his chest might as well have been- he always seemed to wear clothes that were one size too small.

The owner's eyes darted across the bar to the dance floor where he noticed the girl in question- twirling around with a coupe of other girl's that had seemingly become her best friends in one night, the girl swayed back and forth- hair swinging with every turn and a bright smile plastered along her face. Her cheeks held a slight tinge of red presumably from the heat and dancing. Y/N was in her own world- she didn't need to be with Tyler to have fun, after all it was her idea to go out tonight- he had only offered to tag along.

He was already aware before they even got to Jesse's bar that she planned on dancing the night away-Tyler was chill with it of course, he didn't mind standing to the side and letting her have fun, it made him feel powerful just knowing that he was only a few steps away in case she needed his help. However, his only request was that she save a dance for him.

Wandering away to deal with his other customers, Jesse left Tyler to his own devices- the Dallas star player quickly settling for watching his girl move across the floor. Her steps were almost expertly timed and if it wasn't for the alcohol coursing through her veins, he was pretty sure that she could pass as a professional dancer. Everything seemed to come natural to her, the way she grinned her hips to the beat- threw her arms in the air and screamed out the lyrics to every song. She was a masterpiece.

Y/N went to lift her hair past her shoulder- the heat was getting to her and she although she didn't want to stop dancing, she needed to find a way to cool down. Having settled for leaving her hair down earlier that night, the idea was quickly abandoned as sheeted her hair into a small pony tail- exposing her shoulder. On her Frame was a beautiful sundress, a dark blue colour that paired nicely with her white sneakers. She knew better than to wear heels out dancing.

As she pulled the locks of hair back, she completely forgot about her tattoo- The one that she had been hiding from Tyler ever since they started dating. It wasn't that she thought her tattoo was ugly, but she wasn't sure how he felt about tattoos on women. It was definitely hard to keep something permanently on her body hidden from the man she had sex with- but somehow she pulled it off.

Between using makeup to cover it up, leaving her hair down and using closed back shirts and dresses- she had done a lot to keep the ink away from his peering eyes. But as the man sat across the bar, his eyes drifted across her skin, taking in every curve, every dimple and every tattoo- wait tattoo?

Tyler suddenly sat up straight, an expression of confusion crossing his face as he narrowed his eyes and attempted to analyze the mark against the woman's back shoulder. When did she get a tattoo? Abandoning her beer, he crossed the floor and slid into the crowd- wrapping his arms around the girl's waist, he moved in time to the music with her- all the while inspecting the intricate flower against her shoulder.

A soft chuckle slipped past the man's lips and he leaned in close to his girlfriend's ear. "So when were you gonna tell me you got a tattoo?" His breathe fanned across her neck, sending chills down Y/N's spine. Instantly she stiffened and stared straight forward. As much as she wanted to turn around and look at his reaction- her gut was telling her that it was safer to just continue looking ahead.

Upon noticing her hesitance, Tyler hummed- letting his hands ghost across her ribcage and sliding to her waist, he danced with her all the while moving his lips to the tattoo- kissing the delicate rose and purring. "Its hot... But why did you hide it?" He asked- finally taking her hand and spinning her around.

Their hips moved in time together, Y/N had both arms looped behind his neck and Tyler traced the flower with his right hand- his left gripping her side. The girl blushed deeply and swayed with him as the music changed from an upbeat song, to a soft ballad meant for slow dancing. "I wasn't sure how you would feel about it... I didn't know how you would feel about it." She admitted.

Tyler almost look wounded by her words, He hated the fact that she had hidden something from him just because she was worried of his reaction. "I love it. You look fucking amazing- and Tattoos are a major turn on for me." He reassured her. Leaning down and kissing her deeply, his lips stretched into his signature smirk.

"Were definitely going to get tatted together now." He poked at her- the girl's head falling back in a fit of laughter. She didn't have to be worried about a single thing. Whether she was inked or not, Tyler loved her and that wasn't going to change.