act my age | a. matthews

Summary: Y/N has an essay do in 12 hours and her apartment isn't giving her the peace to study. Heading off to her boyfriend's house, she makes a plan to get her work done. However, a couple of rowdy and drunk hockey players have other plans for her.

Requested: Yes!

Parties on the weekend were the normal occurrence in Toronto. Whether you were a frat kid or a group of teenagers trying to have a good time, there was always something to attend. Events were almost daily, no matter what you were looking for- there was always some type of gathering going on.

Thats exactly what Y/N had come to realize when she moved to Toronto, her apartment was just a few blocks away from the university and every Friday night she made plans to go stay at her boyfriend's place. The sound of music could only become so tolerable after one in the morning.

So she decided the best thing for her would to be to spend the night at her boyfriend's house. That way, she could finish her paper which was due first thing in the morning, and she could get some shut-eye before having to head off for work. Oh and she could hang out with her amazing boyfriend Auston.

Auston was Toronto's pride and joy, one of the greatest hockey players that Y/N had ever seen and she was also lucky enough to call him her boyfriend. His apartment was familiar to her as she pulled up, it was roughly 11pm and she had already sent him a text saying that she would be coming over.

The woman bounded up the steps with her overnight bag in hand- she noticed there was another car that belonged to their mutual friend Mitch, in the parking lot next to her. They probably went out after the game, was the conclusion that Y/N came to. She brushed her hair out of her face and sighed softly- taking her key out of her pocket and heading inside once the gate was open.

Thankfully as Y/N entered the elevator, there was no raging sound of the stereo coming from anyone's apartments. While the air smelled slightly stale and dusty, she would much rather be there than at home, struggling to push earbuds into her ears to block out the sounds of the neighbourhood.

Walking to Auston's door, Y/N opened up the apartment and stopped dead in her tracks at what she saw. The living room was torn to shreds and there were pillow feathers everywhere. In the midst of it all she found two boys in their early twenties, shirtless and drunk. Mitch Marner and William Nylander.

As if sensing her arrival, Mitch's head whipped in the direction of the door, pushing himself off of William and running towards the door like an excited puppy. The woman realized that the two of them had been in the middle of a wrestling match- they were dorky and honestly she expected nothing less from them.

The girl erupted into a fit of laughter as Mitch picked her up, wrapping his arms around her and spinning. He screamed her name out happily and as she became his hostage, Y/N started to wonder just how much he had to drink that night. William walked her slightly calmed- his joggers snug and low on his hips, he helped Mitch and called out for the owner of the apartment.

"Auston! Your girlfriend is here!!" He laughed rambunctiously. Brushing his hair out of his face- Y/N was praying that they wouldn't drop her. She knew that finishing her essay was going to be a challenge, but at least she had some good company to distract her when need be.

The sound of quick footsteps came around the corner and Auston was standing there with his clothes half on. "Will- Put her down before you break her!" He scolded like a day, Y/N couldn't help but giggle and quickly steadied herself as she was placed onto the floor.

Auston sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, walking over and greeting her with a kiss on the temple- his hands encircling her waist. "Sorry about them, They had a little bit too much to drink at the bar. Steph is out of town and I don't trust either of them to get home on their own like this." He mentioned.