just for her | n. patrick

Summary: Nolan is very secretive with his feelings and emotions, but there is one person that makes him change all of that.

Requested: yes

There was no denying that Nolan was a private guy, he didn't like showing his emotions too much and he preferred to keep things pretty close to his chest.

He was concealed and closed off for the most part, which is why Y/N had been so shocked when they first started dating.

It was like he became an entirely different person around her, he was touchy and feels, he was never not holding her in some capacity.

At first it had definitely caught her off guard- she was prepared to go through their entire relationship without ever getting much physical affection from him.

But she pushed through because she was in love, Nolan had been the best thing in her life so far and she was willing to make some sacrifices to keep him around.

He was too.

But when he suddenly started becoming a lot more smiley and physical with her- she wasn't going to reject him.

His soft gestures of brushing his hands against her cheek when he kissed her, or pulling her close under his arm when they watched a movie were welcomed.

It was a nice change of pace from his usual thoughtful actions- Nolan had always been a guy of gestures, preferring to go out of his way and do something like making breakfast, or sending a good night text on days he couldn't call his girl.

This treatment was reserved for moments behind closed doors, exclusively for Y/N and him. It was like their secret and they were having fun keeping it to themselves.

But one night, Nolan had a little bit to drink and he was just so full of love- the team had gone out to a bar just to distress from a long season before everyone headed off in different directions for the summer.

They were in a small local bar that was close to the arena- they were surrounded by a few fans, wags and just people having a great Friday night.

Y/N was looking especially beautiful that night, Nolan had been all over her in the cab on the way to the bar before she reminded him that they were arriving and the guys might see them.

She wouldn't mind Nolan being a little more touchy in public- hell she would love to see him hold her hand while they walked through the streets, but she knew there was very little chance of that happening.

Usually the two of them walked three feet apart and either had their hands tucked into pockets, or y/n had her hand wrapped around the strap of her purse.

Nolan just gave her a shrug and let his hand ghost over her lower back- ushering her into the bar.

His girl had wide eyes and she was almost thrown for a loop- she wasn't sure what had come over nolan but she didn't feel the need to protest.

They pushed their way through the crowd and found the team- Y/N giving some hugs around the group before settling against the bar next to nolan.

Immediately his hands found her hips and he pulled her into his side so that he could look at the menu with her.

His arms were looped around her shoulders, holding the small laminated folder in front of them.

Immediately Travis shot his best friend a curious glance- it was the talk of the night, Nolan suddenly was showing all these affectionate advances onto his girlfriend.

Kevin chuckled softly and nudged Travis. "He's actually got a heart." He snickered.
The guys all laughed but leaved the couple alone.

They were there to have a good time.

A few drinks later, Y/N had decided to go join some of the guys and girls on the dance floor- carrying herself as if she didn't have a single care in the world.

Nolan was hanging next to Travis and carter- leaning against the brick wall and sipping from his glass of water.

He wanted to make sure that he could get Y/N home safe, and with his migraines, he knew drinking wasn't a good idea.

Nolan watched Y/N with a puppy like gaze, he was totally enamoured by her- she was stunning and enticing, a beautiful sight.

Travis hummed. "You going soft on us pat?" He joked- taking a sip of his beer. He was flying solo that night, unfortunately his girlfriend couldn't make it out.

With a fond smile, Nolan felt a warmth fill his stomach. There was an undeniable feeling in his heart- some people might say that it would make him do stupid things, but he didn't care.

"Nah, Just for her..."