daddy daycare | t. seguin

Summary: Y/N has always taken responsibility in watching the kids when Tyler has hockey- but on his day off, she gets called into work- leaving him to deal with the kids alone.

Parenting is no easy task- and anyone that says otherwise is lying. Taking care of drunk friends was one thing, but make that person really tiny and messy and unable to speak any licks of a understandable language and it suddenly gets so much worse- Thats how Tyler was viewing parenting.

His wife had been such a trooper in looking after the kids while he went after his hockey dream. She would take them to day-care and then pick them up after work, making sure they were fed and bathed while he was at practice or a game. She had done so much- and he honestly didn't know how, it was like a super power she had, just to be able to control the kids and keep them from turning into horrible human beings.

The plan for the day was to have a family event, Tyler had a day off for the first time in forever- there was no morning skate, no game and no practice. It was rare but he was looking forward to spending time with his wife and kids. His daughter Emily was only two years old, her brother James having just turned five a few weeks ago.

Y/N had planned for them to all go to the park and have a picnic- the kids could play in the splash park which was like a mini waterpark sort of thing that was free but not nearly as large and didn't have a pool. Her and Tyler could have gotten some ice cream and relaxed on the blanket- maybe toss a football in the field, knowing Tyler he would want to bring the mini net and play mini sticks with the kids.

Even though they were young, Tyler was hoping to breed his kids into super hockey players- James was already taking lessons and it reminded Y/N of when her little brother was apart of the timbits hockey league. It was a way fro kids to get used to skating and the idea of playing hockey on a team when they were really little.

But sadly, their plans got cancelled due to Y/N being called into work- someone had messed up the numbers on the stock order and now they had way too many products for the store. So she had to go down for a few hours and help sort everything out.

This was the first time since James was a baby that Tyler had been left alone with the kids- and babies were a lot different from toddlers ad school aged kids. Babies just slept, ate and pooped- there wasn't much to do when they weren't crawling. But Now Tyler had two little kids to look after that were sneaky and fully of energy.

James always liked to instigate, making trouble all the time just like his daddy. Wether it be letting the dogs outside and Tyler having to chase after them or letting Emily get into her mother's makeup- whenever James was left to himself, disaster was soon to follow.

Before Y/N had left, she had told the kids the rules. It was pretty simple. "Listen to your father- When I get home I want to hear about how good you two were understood?" She spoke sternly but still giggled at the end so it wouldn't seem like she was angry at them.

Emily and James looked up at their mommy and nodded brightly- wrapping their arms around her legs and kissing her knees happily. "We will be good mommy!" James promised- he quickly took off towards the living room to watch his cartoons while Tyler picked up Emily, placing the girl on his hip.

Her brown curls were a spitting image of her father's untameable hair. She had his cute little nose and her mother's eyes- they could already tell that this girl was going to grow into a heartbreaker. James looked more like his mother, having lighter brown hair and Tyler's eyes- his face shape was more similar to his mum's and his ears were the same as hers.

Kissing Tyler on the cheek, Y/N couldn't help but laugh. "Call me if you need anything- I should be home around dinner time if all goes well." She promised him. He quickly turned and met her lips- kissing her cheekily and giving her a wink.