fighter | t. konecny

Summary: Travis was a protector. Everyone knew that, when things get out of hand one night at a bar- he comes to your aid.

Requested: Yes

A mix of stale beer and cigarette smoke clouded Y/N's senses. Between the over hanging haze that flooded through the bar, and the stench of B.O and various liquors, the woman was sure that she would be developing a headache soon enough.

It was Friday night.

Which meant that her friends were ready to party and eager to let off some steam from the week.

Usually when a young girl went out, she was accompanied by other women her age. However, in Y/N's case, that seemed to be the minority.

While there were a few other woman in her group that her close in age, the majority of their table was taken up by large twenty-something year olds who played hockey for a living.

The Philadelphia flyers were Y/N's inner circle. She had grown up with one the wags and been introduced to the group one year at a Halloween party.

From there, she had pretty much been adopted by the crowd. The guys were always texting her asking how she was, the other girls constantly making plans for everyone to catch up and get lunch- Y/N was well accepted.

Especially by a certain Travis Konecny. A young adult much like herself, Travis was Y/N's kryptonite.

Usually she was able to keep a level head and stay focused, but around Travis- all that went out the window. He was able to break her out of her shell and get her to loosen up. If he had let her, Y/N could probably dance on a bar top like nobody's business.

But the one thing with Travis was that no matter who you were, he was always going to look out for you. He put his friend's best interests first, even f that sometimes made him look like an asshole.

It was no secret that Travis has taken a particular liking to Y/N ever since she joined the group, he was always a little closer to her than the others, willing to cancel plans at the last minute just so he could see her.

He was pinning and everyone knew it.

Everyone except Y/N.

She was already dating someone, therefore she was absolutely oblivious to how Travis felt.

Standing at the bar, her boyfriend's arm was swung over her shoulder, the two of them laughing and carrying on about something stupid.

When Travis has walked in, he could see the way that James wasn't pleased with his presence. Tough luck.

Travis was a regular at these weekly get together. James was only allowed to be there because Y/N was convinced that he would be a good fit into their group.

Dodging the glare that was sent his way, Travis quickly made his way around the group- greeting everyone and saying his hellos before making his way to Y/N.

She looked amazing as always, her smile was able to light up a room and in the dingy bar- that was exactly what they needed.

"Hey you!" Y/N spoke happily as she saw trav walk in, she spun in her chair and moved from under james' grasp, making her way to the older man and wrapping her arms around him.

Travis grinned and quickly Reciprocated the hug. A warmness filled his Chest that matched his cheeks. "Hey- mind if I steal you for a bit?" He asked softly.

Y/N glanced back st James who had clenched his jaw, pressing her hand to the boyfriend's bicep before reassuring him she would be back Soon.

The two of them headed off into the bar, playing a couple rounds of pool and getting drinks before settling down at a different table and just catching up.