unexpected | m. marner

Summary: Y/N is pregnant, and now she has to tell Mitch.

Requested: Yes

When Y/N saw the two faint pink lines on the pregnancy test- her first reaction was to cry. She was absolutely in shock and she didn't know what to do. She was 20 years old and still in college. How could she have a baby? She was so young and she had only been dating her boyfriend Mitch for a little under a year.

Oh god Mitch. He had his whole life ahead of him, he was 22 and surely he wasn't looking to have a kid so young. All these thoughts were running through Y/N's head as she stared down at the test- why did she have to miss her birth control? Why did she have to tell Mitch that they could go one night without using a condom? Why why why?

As the girl paced back and forth around the apartment, she wasn't entirely sure what to do. She knew that she had to tell Mitch- but would he even be awake right now? It was past midnight and he had a game, he might be in bed already. Biting her lip, the girl shook her head. This couldn't wait, if they were going to make a decision it had to be quickly.

Grabbing her keys, the girl gulped and found one of Mitch's hoodies- pulling it over her head and putting her slides on. She didn't have a plan on what she was going to say to him, but she knew that he had the right to know as soon as she found out. Also she didn't think that she was going to be able to sleep that night if she didn't tell him.

The drive to Mitch's apartment was rather quick and she wished that it didn't go so fast. Maybe if there was some traffic there might have actually been a chance she could compose herself before getting to his place.

With the car being left in his parking garage, Y/N sent his phone a text that she was at his apartment and needed to see him. When she got to the elevator, that was when the tears started to well up in her eyes. She didn't know what to do- all she kept thinking was that there was a baby growing inside her and that she was going to ruin Mitch's life.

Standing in front of his door, Y/N knocked rapidly. Within a few moments, Mitch appeared on the other side- looking like an emotional wreck, They were in the same boat- although Mitch was worried for a different reason. "Are you oaky?" He asked first, notching the tears on her cheeks, he quickly pulled her inside and wrapped her in a hug.

"What happened? Whats going on baby?" He cooed softly. The girl started to cry into his chest and Mitch was praying to god that no one had hurt her or that she was breaking up with him. That was his biggest fear. He walked her into his bedroom and sat them on his bed- just wanting to keep her close and somewhere where she felt safe.

He pressed his thumbs against her cheeks and wiped her tears, kissing the top of her head and tilting her head upwards to look at him. "Tell me what happened baby." He mumbled, he never let go of her for a second- he wanted to protect her and he felt like he was doing that best by keeping her close.

As Y/N started to calm down a little bit, she was still stumbling over her words. "I-Im... Fuck- Mitch im pregnant." She spit out, she was beyond scared and was hoping that he wouldn't lash out at her- she couldn't do this alone. Mitch stiffened and it took him a few moments to say anything.

"You're sure?" He asked her softly, upon seeing her nod- she took out the test and passed it to him. It was cleaned and disinfected so he wasn't worried about it being dirty- but as he stared down at the two pink lies, he felt his heart shatter. He was really young and didn't really plan on having kids so soon.

Y/N gulped, biting at her nail anxiously. She didn't know how to feel about it and upon seeing Mitch so quiet only made her concerns worsen. "Are you happy?" She asked him hesitantly. She kept picking at her nails and suddenly Mitch broke into a smile. He grabbed her hands and held them in his own. "Of course I'm happy! It's a little soon, but it's with you! How far along are you?" He asked her.

Suddenly it felt as though a weight had been lifted off of Y/N's shoulders- just knowing that Mitch was going to be in the picture made her feel a thousand times better. A tiny grin fell upon her lips and more tears slid down her cheeks, good tears this time. Brushing them away, the girl nodded in confirmation with him "Im not sure.. I only found out tonight- I just rushed to tell you because I didn't know what to do." She admitted.

The boy nodded and pulled her close, the two of them laying down in the bed and getting under the blankets. "What were going to do is book an appointment when we wake up- and then after practice, we will go together and find out. We'll get you all the vitamins and everything you need and start moving your stuff in here." He had already planned everything out which made the girl giggle.

She could already see that Mitch would be a great father. "Alright, go to sleep." She kissed his cheek.

Mitch stared at the ceiling with a happy grin. "Im gonna be a dad."