right here | t. seguin

Summary: tensions arise between the engaged couple, after Y/N walks out, tyler is unsure where his relationship is headed.

Requested: Yes

Between picking out flavours of cake, deciding what flowers should be spread out on the tables, and whether or not they should serve steak or salmon, there was a lot that went into planning a wedding.

Tyler was only realizing this now after having been engaged for six months. He thought the easy part was planning and getting his girlfriend to say yes was the hard part. But it seemed as though he had been wrong.

Y/N was in love with him, and after being together for several years, it was a no brainer to say 'yes' when he popped the question.

They had been living together for a while already before Tyler proposed, but once there was a run. In Y/N's finger, it was like they were struggling to find their routine again.

The fights had started to increase more than usual and the both of them were at their breaking point.

It was all over little things, like forgetting to change the water filter in the coffee machine- or not picking up clothes off the floor. They were both in the wrong and with the two of them being as stubborn as can be, it resulted in a big blowout.

"I'm just saying you should be more conscious of changing the filter and putting a new pot on when there is none left." Tyler groaned, having to make his own pot of coffee and wait for it to brew.

Y/N rubbed her face as she sat at the kitchen table. "I don't know what you want me to say Tyler- I'm exhausted, I'm sorry that I forgot to make you a pot of coffee this one time." She sighed irritably.

Her fiancé scoffed and let a comment go from under his breath. "Seems like you forget a lot of things lately."

But clear as day, Y/N had heard it. "I'm sorry- what is that supposed to me?" She snapped.

Tyler looked up and clenched his jaw, pinching the bridge of his nose frustratedly. "I just feel like you've forgotten how things work around here- it's like you're suddenly trying to make changes now that we're engaged." He rolled his eyes.

Y/N huffed. "How things work around here? Tyler I've been living here for two years- I'm pretty sure that I've learned the round by now." She argued.

Things just kept getting worse and they started throwing words at each other, they needed some space from one another.

Heading upstairs, the woman got herself ready to go out for the day- she could make dinner or something and smooth things over once they've both calmed down.

In her haste to get out of the house, Y/N had neglected to tell Tyler that she was leaving. All he heard was the door slam behind her.

Immediately he picked his head up from his computer screen. "Y/N?" He called out. He didn't remember her saying that she had to go out anywhere.

He decided to leave her be, going about his day as he was sure she would be back soon.

But when she hadn't come back in more than six hours, he was a little concerned. What if he had gotten on her nerves to the point that she just walked out and didn't want to come back? The idea of losing Y/N terrified him, it was unlike anything he had ever felt. That was without saying, Tyler had been through a lot in his life- between goal droughts, losing his chance at a second Stanley cup and all the turmoils in his family- none of that uncertainty matched up against the panic he felt of losing his fiancé.

Grabbing his phone, Tyler pressed Y/N's contact. Her name was surrounded by a few emojis that she had put in there- he wanted to take them out because he thought they were somewhat cringe. But he couldn't deny that it brought a smile to his face every time he looked at his phone and saw a message from her surrounded by the hearts. Especially when he was on the road.

After a few rings, the phone line went to voicemail, wherever Y/N was, she wasn't answering. But at least he knew that her phone was still on and that it wasn't dead. There was a chance that she was ignoring his calls- but in Tyler's mind, he would rather have her ignoring his calls than have them go straight to voicemail and him worry about her being taken or lost her phone in a parking lot somewhere.

His mind was going in a thousand different directions so he decided to just take a minute to breathe. He wasn't Y/N's keeper, she was allowed to go wherever she wanted- that included away from him. He would give her some more time and then if she didn't answer his phone calls or show up at the house again, then he would allow himself to panic.

For now, he just tried to finish his day without thinking of it too much.

A grilled cheese sandwich and half a workout session later, Tyler still hadn't heard from Y/N. Sun was setting and he was starting to worry. He had called a few of Y/N's friends and none of them heard from her. But one of them must have reached out to her because thirty minutes later, Y/N's contact picture was appearing on Tyler's phone screen. "Hello?" He answered quickly.

Y/N hummed. "Hey I'll be home soon- clear the kitchen table okay? Put on a dress shirt and slacks." She told him. The man immediately furrowed his brows but nodded. Before he could ask what for, Y/N had ended the call by telling him she loved him and would be there soon.

And boy did she not disappoint, When y/n got home, she was wearing a pair of heels and a fancy new dress- she had take out in her arms and a bottle of wine too. By the looks of it, she had gotten a new outfit and gotten her hair done. She walked in and set everything down before heading towards Tyler.

He had listened to her instructions and put on a nice white Dress shirt, matched with black slacks. "What's all this?" He asked softly. He received a kiss from his fiancé and a soft apologetic smile.

"We'll, We have been having a couple issues lately and I thought that we needed a break- So, tonight there are no distractions." She told him. "Just us, the dogs and dinner." She smiled a night in was the perfect way for them to calm down and get their relationship back on track.

Tyler kissed her cheek before helping her set the table, the dinner was nothing fancy in comparison to their outfits- a couple burgers and fries but it was still perfect. There was nothing better than wine and burgers in Tyler's opinion.

When they had gone to bed for the night, Tyler laid on his back- staring up at the ceiling. "You know I thought you walked out..." he admitted. Y/N turned towards him with a furrow in her brows.

"You did?" She asked almost in shock- never in a million years could she imagine just walking out on Tyler without so much as an explanation. She loved him and he was her life- she wasn't going anywhere.

Her fiancé nodded, pulling her into his side and frowning. "I was scared that you had given up on me because of all of the bullshit I put you through- That you finally decided I wasn't worth it." He held her tightly as if he was still scared that she could disappear any moment.

Y/N brushed her fingers against his chest- tracing his lion tattoo and kissing the skin. "I promise im not going anywhere Tyler. Im in this until the end- Im right here." She reassured him.

That was exactly what Tyler needed to hear. There was no other place he wanted her to be.