if i had known | t. seguin

Summary: when Y/N tells Tyler how she really feels about him, it causes a a few changes in their friendship.

Requested: No

Never in a million years did Y/N plan on falling for her big dumb friend Tyler. She had known him for so long that she was convinced he was family, her parents called him 'son' for Christ's sakes. But after he moved to Dallas, she had started to see him in a different light. He was no longer her slutty friend that she would go to bars with in Boston. He was Tyler, the guy that always drove her home and made sure she was safe, always offered to walk her to the bathroom at a part or to watch her drink just to ensure no one did anything stupid. He was the person that she called after a rough day just so he could make her smile.

Tyler was no longer just Y/N's innocent friend.

Living away from Tyler made things a lot easier as Y/N was pretty sure that given time, she could learn to move on. Or at least find someone new and use them to forget how she felt about her friend. Of course, Y/N didn't have the heart to do that to someone, but it was an option if she ever became desperate.

Try as she might, in all the years that Tyler had been living in Dallas, Y/N's feelings had only grown stronger for her friend. She knew that he was dating around and mostly hooking up, and while that should have hurt her, it only made her hopeful. It was sad really, that she was holding onto a small inch of hope that one day Tyler may actually want to get with her.

Instead of coming to visit for a weekend during the offseason this year, Tyler suggested that Y/N come up and visit him in Texas for a couple weeks. He blamed it on the pups, saying that his three large labs missed her terribly and it wasn't fair for him to see her but for them to not get chance.

It didn't take much to persuade Y/N to come up to Dallas, just seeing Tyler's stupid face on FaceTime was enough to make her knees weak and heart clench- she was ready to do whatever he needed. No questions asked. While it seemed like a good idea in the moment, as soon as the call ended, Y/N knew that this trip was only going to cause her torment. She had to spend two weeks with Tyler at his house, with god knows what girls and parties the hockey player would be having around during her stay.

Surprisingly when Y/N arrived, there was no one at the house. Tyler had picked her up from the airport and reassured her that they would have the house to themselves for a few days. He wanted this trip to be about relaxation and two buds catching up.

For the first few days, that's what the trip was. But being around Tyler 24/7 had really taken a toll on Y/N. Her feelings were getting out of control and the fact that Tyler was a really affectionate guy didn't help. Whether he was pulling her onto his lap by the pool, letting his hands ghost over her hips as he walked behind her in the kitchen, or kissing the top of her head every once in a while, Y/N was struggling to keep her feelings in check.

It wasn't until Tyler had thrown his first party of y/n's stay that things had gotten out of control. The house was full of people- everyone buzzing on some type of hard liquor or drug while music played around the property. Tyler had been making his rounds of people- introducing Y/N to a few of his teammates who promised to keep an eye on her during the party. He had a blonde girl following behind him the majority of the time, his arm often swung around her shoulders.

From where Y/N stood, she was sure that the woman would be staying overnight- in Tyler's bedroom. It wasn't her place to say anything, but she didn't want to hear the guy she was in love with having sex with another woman. It was pretty reasonable. She had been sipping out of a red solo cup for the majority of the night, not as big of a drinker as she used to be.