if walls could talk | s. crosby

Summary: On the outside, the Crosby household looked perfect, but inside, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Getting into a fight with husband!crosby in front of the kids. A marriage on the midst of divorce.

Requested: Yes

Growing up, Y/N always thought that she would have a perfect marriage- she was not a ver confrontational person and always put others before herself. She had been an amazing mother and as much as it gave her stress, she tried to be the perfect wife.

But sometimes it just didn't feel like enough.

When Y/N married Sidney in 2015, they were both pretty young. She was 26 and he was 28, in the height of his career and on an all-time high. They were totally in love and it just seemed like the perfect time. They had already been dating for 5 years, so getting married on their anniversary seemed like a no brainer.

Now that it was their ten year anniversary, and all Y/N wanted was one night to be with her husband. She had given up a lot to be with him. Going as far as to let go of her dream job just so that she could move to Pittsburgh with him. They had met in Nova Scotia when he was back for the summer- and over the span of his off season, they started dating. Long-distance was hard for the first year and a half of their relationship, but as soon as Sidney had asked Y/N to move to Pittsburgh to be with him, she dropped everything to make it happen.

It wasn't long after that moment that the two of them were getting married- their wedding being held in Nova Scotia during the off season- just like when they met. For a while, everything was perfect. They had a dog, a white picket fence and two kids. A two-year old and a four year-old. Tyler was the oldest and Emily was the younger of the two.

They were great kids, having a head full of brown hair on the both of them and Y/N's eyes. Tyler was already learning to skate with the help of his father- having the hockey player's skill and laugh. He was adorable and Emily was bound to be a heartbreaker when she got older.

Thankfully, the kids were going to be staying with Geno and his family for the night and the plan was for Y/N and Sidney to go out for dinner. That was the plan.

It was no secret that Y/N and Sidney's marriage had been somewhat placed on the back burner in the recent months. Hockey was Sidney's career and he had to put it first- as well as, the kids were growing so quickly so they had been focused on that. Between school meetings and recitals, Y/N didn't have much time for herself.

Which was why she had been looking so forward to this night out.

But just as Y/N was getting the kids ready so she could drop them off at Geno's, Sidney strolled into the house. She was expecting him to be in a suit and cleaned up as they were supposed to meet at the restaurant. Instead, he was standing there looking sweaty and looking exhausted. They had an evening practice which she knew about, but she wasn't expecting him to be this wrecked.

Standing in the doorway wearing a red dress and beige heels- her hair was styled and her makeup was perfect. She looked almost like a trophy and she had her wedding ring as well as engagement ring on- matching the diamond earrings that Sidney had bought her a couple years ago as a Christmas present. "Sid?" The woman asked, pausing her actions as she stopped zipping up Tyler's jacket.

The man looked over at her and instantly frowned, his shoulders dropping and eyes clenching shut. Taking a deep breath he completely forgot about their plans that night- he knew he had been caught too. As Y/N ushered their kids off to their rooms to wait for a few minutes, the woman stood up to her full height, Sidney looking her up and down.

He felt his heart clench as he realized that he really screwed up. "Im sorry baby... I completely forgot- Practice was tough and I just need a break." He sighed, dropping his hockey bag onto the floor and going to embrace her.