touch | s. crosby

Summary: Two friends use each other to fill a gap in their physical relationship

Requested: No

Once was an accident. Twice was a poor decision. Three times was a bad habit.

So what did that make seven times?

When Y/N and Sidney broke up in 2010, it was for good reason. He was in the heat of his career and had the world at his feet- neither of them had time to focus on their relationship due to work and they decided to split ways. It wasn't messy and it wasn't heartbreaking- it was simply just not the right time for them. They had stayed friends through the years and been together through thick and thin.

There were always rumours that Sidney and Y/N were still together, but the pair knew that they were better off as friends- that was until Sidney got his massive injury in 2019, his fourth concussion and a hernia. He missed 26 games due to injury and things seemed to be falling apart around him. He was on strict rehabilitation which meant no ice time, no hockey- he wasn't even allowed to look at a hockey stick.

A few weeks after Sidney got injured, Y/N had just gotten out of a relationship. It wasn't anything special, but she had devoted at least 6 months of her life to the tool who was suddenly bored with her. He was younger and worked at sportschek, it wasn't a major loss but the fact that Y/N felt old was what drove her to Sidney's house at 2 in the morning, pouring her heart out to him and explaining her worries.

"What If I actually am Old now Sid?" She looked at him with a scared expression, she had been nursing a bottle of wine all night with him and she knew she wouldn't be driving home. Sighing irritably, The woman pouted- looking down into her glass and swirling the woody tasting alcohol. "I'm nearly 31 and I have yet to have a major relationship... most of my co-workers are married now." She huffed.

Sidney looked at her as he took a sip of his glass- his eyes narrowing in offence as he raised his brows. "Im almost 33! What does that make me?" He asked incredulously. It was true, a lot of guys in the league that were his age had either retired or they were married and had a couple of kids.

Rolling her eyes, Y/N gently shoved his shoulder. "Relax- you're a millionaire and a star athlete, You're gonna be fine." She reassured him. "But me? Im a production assistant at TSN... I was dating some kid who is barely out of college- Jesus... I'm a wreck." She rubbed her face irritably.

As Sidney looked at her with a soft and understanding smile, he rubbed the woman's shoulder. He had more time for a relationship now, he never played an entire season due to injuries and even then- he could sense that he would probably be retiring soon. Suddenly he thought of an idea. "I know it seems foolish... But what if we got together?" He asked.

Raising her brows in surprise, Y/N almost spit out her wine. "Us? I think we tried that once and it didn't work out Sid." She reminded him. It wasn't a terrible Idea and if she was being honest she would much rather date Sidney than these idiots she had been finding on the dating apps.

"No no- I mean like... Sex." He tried to explain it. Laughing awkwardly, he looked over at Y/N who was smirking- "If you call me goose I swear to god-" he cut her off before she could even think about it. He had the best laugh in the league, but that didn't mean he wanted to hear about it.

Really making an attempt at understanding what Sidney was asking of her, Y/N turned fully towards him and set her glass down on the table. "Are you asking to be friends with benefits Crosby?" She spoke playfully, leaning over the side of the couch and resting her head on her arm.

The man sighed and rolled his eyes. "I mean why not? Neither of us are having much luck with dating, We know that we have good sex together...That is if I remember correctly." He smirked- winking at the woman whom he had dated almost ten years prior.