they dont know about us | m. marner

Summary: Mitch and Y/N Riley have been dating secretly for a few months, when Auston lets it slip during the locker room talk- Morgan finds out and all hell breaks loose.

Requested: Yesss

It was never through ill intent that Mitch decided to hide his relationship.

After breaking up with his girlfriend of three years, he figured that it was best for him to take some time away from the spotlight. He was a hockey player, not some reality star or pop singer who needed to have their girlfriends posted all over the internet. While he knew that it was going to be something he had to deal with, he was tired of the internet constantly having something to say about the women he was seen with.

Which is why he kept Y/N a secret. Not only was she a bit younger than him, but she was also the little sister of his teammate Morgan Riley. Their age gap wasn't terrible, but Mitch knew people would have something to say. She was 18 and he was 22. Four years separating them. But she was out of high school, starting university in the fall and had moved to Toronto over the summer.

She mad moved in with Morgan in may and met the team shortly after that. Morgan had thrown a home-welcoming party and everyone was in attendance. In reality, It was Morgan who had introduced Mitch and Y/N. Of course he didn't realize that the two would have exchanged numbers and started dating shortly after, but he was still the person to set them up by accident in the first place.

The summer seemed to blow by, late nights were spent driving around town in Mitch's car- spending the night at his apartment and sneaking into Morgan's house in the early morning, They had a cute relationship and it was simple. Even though they wanted to be able to go out in public and hang out, It was rather refreshing to just enjoy each other's company without the thoughts and opinions of other people impacting them.

But with the season quickly approaching and Y/N starting school, they hadn't been able to spend as much time together- resorting for constant texting and faceTime sessions.

A few of the boys had noticed that Mitch was spending more time on his phone, that he was sneaking away during road trips to get a few minutes on the phone. In all honesty- they realized he was dating someone as soon as they found a hickey against his neck. While they had been teasing him and trying to figure out who he was dating, Auston had been the first one to genuinely take interest.

"So who's the girl?" He asked softly, the two of them picking up their bags off the bell hop cart and walking to the hotel room. Currently they were in Edmonton to play a game against the Oilers, It was the last pre-season game before they started the actual season. Whipping his head upwards, the man's cheeks flushed a bright red and his eyes widened. He had been caught like a deer in the headlights and he had to take a minute.

"I uh- its nothing man." He tried to brush it off, but Mitch knew better than to try and hide things from Auston. The two of them were incredibly close and it wasn't like the Ontario native to hide such a thing. Nothing the glance that Auston was giving him, Mitch sighed and shook his head. "Not here." He muttered, quickly heading towards the room, he didn't want to risk anyone finding out. Not when their relationship had come so far.

He wasn't willing to risk it.

Throwing his suitcase onto the bed, Mitch sat down on the bed and rubbed his face. "Im dating Y/N." He spoke bluntly, no hint of sarcasm laced in his voice.

Auston was certainly through for a loop. He wasn't expecting to hear that his friend was dating their teammate's little sister. He mind immediately went to a dirty place and he had to stop himself from making a joke. "Im guessing Morgan doesn't know then." He spoke factually.