take whats mine | t. seguin

Summary: Tyler gets protective over his girl when a player from another team makes some comments on the ice

Halfway through the season, Dallas was playing the New Jersey devils at home. The American Airlines stadium was roaring with energy, the sea of green filling the stand as fans swarmed into the centre. The temperature was hot in comparison to the ice that the team was soon to be playing on.

Everything about the night was lively, something had seemed to stir the fans up more than usual- their cheers louder than usual. Within the crowd of people, a young girl stood with the light shining in her eyes- her body was adorned in an older Dallas jersey, it appeared to have been worn several times, a few wrinkles here and there- the fabric being loose from wear and tear. Her name was Y/N, Long time girlfriend of the number 91 Centre- Tyler Seguin.

As the familiar pre-game playlist started to echo through the stadium, Y/N felt her chest rumble with butterflies- a warmth capturing her as a smile stretched upon her face. Going to hockey games always made her happy- the pure energy that filled her was addicting. She made pleasant conversation with a few of the people sitting near her- They had recognized her for being Tyler's girl, but that didn't bother her. They asked questions about him and the team- Y/N doing her best to answer them unless they were too personal.

Pressing her hands against the glass like an excited child, Y/N watched as the team started to come out for warm-up. She grinned at the familiar teammates whom had become her friends over the years she had been with Tyler. As he was the last one on the ice- he did a quick lap before skating across the rink towards her, stopping and spraying snow up against the glass.

The little boy next to Y/N squealed with excitement and he spun around facing his mom, bouncing left and right as his cheeks flamed a bright red. Catching Tyler's gaze, the discreetly pointed at the boy next to her- Even if Tyler didn't give him a puck or anything, she knew that just seeing this little boy in his jersey and bubbling with excitement, would put him in a great mood going into the game.

At the end of warm-ups, Tyler always had to be the last one off the ice. He grabbed an extra stick from the equipment manager and made his way over to where Y/N and the boy were sitting. Immediately, the girl's face broke into a grin- she was anticipating the boy's reaction which made her happy.

"Hey Bud! Heads up!" Tyler called through the glass, a smirk becoming evident as he handed over the stick to the little boy- The tiny child screamed happily and held onto it with his tiny hands, the sleeves of his jersey becoming sweater paws due to how small he was. He hugged the stick happily and posed with the centre for a quick picture before Tyler made his way off the ice- giving Y/N a wink as he went.

Through the first period, The Devils were up by two and they were getting cocky. Their red and white jerseys flickered across the rink before one blur in particular paused in front of Y/N's seat. Taylor Hall. A cocky little shit who had his fair share of getting on Tyler's nerves. "Hey Y/N! When are you gonna let me take you out?" He chuckled, continuing on his way and going to his position to where the puck was going to be dropped.

To say Y/N was caught off guard would've been a lie- She was used to Taylor trying to get a reaction out of Tyler, but usually it direct to the player and not his girlfriend. Tyler noticed and clenched his jaw from the bench. He spit to the side and glared daggers into Taylor's back- he was annoyed, but not angry.

The stars managed to gain another point before the end of the first period, The devils were still in the lead- but the home team had time to turn this game around and tuck another win under their belt. Tyler skated towards the jersey bench as he switched lines again. "Hall! Leave my girl alone." He spoke firmly. He pointed his gloved finger in the direction of the blonde and glared, the last thing he needed was for this asshole to make his girl uncomfortable- cause lord knows if he did, Tyler would be more than happy to put his fist through Taylor's perfect teeth.