runaway | t. jost

Getting ready to walk towards the alter didn't feel right, Y/N's hands were shaking and she had thrown up twice- wearing a dress that didn't feel like her own and makeup that was caked on, she was pacing back and forth- her heart was pounding in her chest and she looked at her mum who was her maid of honour- "I don't think I can do this.." The woman told her mother, tears welling in her eyes.

Biting her lip, Y/N placed her hand over her stomach- inside the church was a man whom she did not love, and one she did. The differences between them were ginormous- but the one that stood out to the bride the most was where they were sitting. James was standing at the alter- anticipating to see her walk towards him, he was an accountant from Montreal and while he was a sweet man, Y/N did not love him.

Tyson was sitting in the pews, hands clasped in front of him as he tapped his leg anxiously- every part of him was wracking with nerves and he almost felt worse than the bride did.

Y/N and Tyson had been friends since he moved to Colorado two years ago- she was one of Nathan's friends from Nova Scotia who just happened to be living with him for the summer while she took some time to get over a break-up, which had actually been with James. They had a massive fight and she needed to take some time away- so she went to her best friend.

Over the summer, the two had become rather close- they spent all their time together and kept in touch when Y/N went back to Nova Scotia. Tyson was the first one to find out about Y/N being engaged- she had called him up in a panic and told him that she said 'yes' when she got scared, she didn't want to marry James but everything was telling her to.

No matter what Y/N tried to do- she couldn't get James to end the engagement, she was too worried to say no to him after leading him on all this time- but she was too nice to leave him.

Memories were racing through Tyson's mind as he sat In his seat- shockingly worriedly as the ceremony was supposed to start in 5 minutes. He had flown into nova Scotia with Nathan for the wedding two days ago, but while Nathan was at the hotel- Tyson was with Y/N at her shared apartment with James- the groom to be had gone out for his bachelor party while Y/N was at home having a panic attack.

Sitting on the couch and the engaged woman paced back and forth in front of him, Tyson could only sit and watch- doing his best to listen to the woman as she rambled. "I don't know what to do Tyson- I.. damn it! I can't marry him!" She was shaking, She had three days to figure out what to do.

Tyson grabbed her hands and pulled him towards her- over the summer that she was living with Nathan, they had gone out a couple times- sleeping together at least three times and starting to really fall for each other before Y/N felt guilty and ran back to James- but now she had put herself in too deep and she was drowning, she didn't want to marry James... But she thought she had to honour the commitment.

"Do you love him Y/N?" Tyson asked her- grabbing her attention and making her look at him, the girl's bottom lip trembled as her eyes were wide with worry. "I think I'm in love..." she told him- but something in her tone caught Tyson, she wasn't talking about James. "But not with him..." he clarified with her.

Y/N looked at him and nodded hesitantly. "With you" she confessed, it wasn't long before Tyson had pressed his lips to hers, capturing her in a sweet and delicate kiss. "Ive been waiting for you to say that for two years-" he admitted, that night they had talked about what they were going to do- they still didn't have a plan by the time the wedding came around.

Y/N looked at her mother and pulled the veil off her head. "Get Tyson- I want Tyson." She threw the veil at one of the other bridesmaids who gasped- they were all coming to the realization that Y/N would not be walking down the aisle today.

The main of honour nodded quickly, making her way through the doors and speed walking to the pew where Tyson was sitting- the groom looked at his soon to be mother in law with a confused expression, only being met with an awkward smile as her and Tyson headed out to where the bride was.

The guest were starting to sense that something was wrong- and as much as James wanted to go check on his bride, he didn't want to worry anyone else.

Once they were through the doors, Tyson saw the frenzy that Y/N was in, he asked the girls to give them a minute of privacy as he wrapped his arms around her. after they had all left, her ran his fingers through her hair. "Theres not gonna be a wedding today is there?" He asked softly. It was an easy attempt at lightning the mood.

"I can't marry him Tyson- not when I'm in love with you..." she gulped, Tyson nodded. "Then don't you don't have to- and anyone telling you otherwise is being unfair- you do not have to spend your life with that man... and If you really want to- I am ready to run off with you, we can go back to Colorado with Nathan and you can stay with me- I love you and I won't let you marry that tool in there at the alter." He cupped her cheek and kissed her lips softly.

Y/N melted into his touch and wiped her eyes- pulling away from the kiss, she nodded eagerly. "I have to tell my mum..." she headed back to the dressing room and told the bridesmaids what was happening.

Telling a church full of people that there would be no wedding that day was definitely one of the most awkward things that Y/N's mother her had to do, to say the groom was angry was an understatement- he had planned to storm into Y/N's hotel room and drag her to the alter- but all he found was the wedding dress on the hanger- Tyson and Y/N were long gone.

Sitting on the plane and having Tyson's hand on her thigh, Y/N rested her head on his shoulder- "You make me happy... Im glad I ran when I did-" she sighed, it took so long for her to run, but she was thankful that Tyson had stayed with her.

Tyson laughed softly. "Just make sure you don't run at our wedding okay?" He teased, they are together now and that was all that mattered- the girl blushed and buried her face in his neck. "I wouldn't dream of it."