Brief Introduction

"Still waiting for Venom and Goku to arrive are we?" Dr. Briefs asked as he walked onto the balcony patio, where his daughter Bulma was eagerly waiting for her 'test subjects' to arrive.

"Yes dad, but he is usually early so it's best if I am ready." Bulma said as she read a magazine. "Should have never agreed to Launch coming over."

"So am I. Think of it, this is an amazing opportunity. To study a possible alien organism up close in person." Dr. Briefs said excitedly.

"Two actually. Launch is coming with Venom and Goku. She also has her own symbiote named Pistole." Bulma confirmed with a slight hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Fascinating, this may be the most important experience of my life." Dr. Briefs said as he lit his cigarette. "Think of all the scientific discoveries that could come from this."

"Uh huh, sure." Bulma said, clearly engrossed in the magazine she was reading.

"What's a matter Bulma? Your usually just as overjoyed as I am." Dr. Briefs said, surprised by his daughter's lack of enthusiasm.

"Dad, of course I am excited." Bulma said, trying to make an effort drawing her attention from the magazine to her father, but failing.

"What are you reading anyway?" Dr. Briefs said as he took away the magazine from Bulma's hands and began to examine it.

"Hey, give that back!" Bulma yelled, but had too much respect for her father not to snatch it back.

"Ten easy ways to get a boyfriend when the basics fail? Chocolate may be better than sex? What can you do when a boy is not attracted to your wealth? What is all this?" Dr. Briefs said eyes wide.

"I am just trying to get a boyfriend." Bulma admitted without diving into the full truth.

"I thought you were taking a break? Especially after that Yamcha fellow." Dr. Briefs said.

"More like reevaluating what I should have in a man." Bulma said, cheeks red. She didn't want her parents to find out that she had an ulterior motive behind inviting Venom over.

"I don't know why. That Yamcha fellow seemed like a very reasonable young man." Dr. Briefs stated.

"I thought you didn't like Yamcha?" Bulma asked surprised.

"While he did seem dim witted in certain situations, but the man was kind and respectful. Not mention he made you laugh. I would have been content if I had him for a son-in-law." Dr. Briefs admitted.

"Dad, are we really going to have this conversation just before company comes over?" Bulma questioned, trying to discard the conversation before Venom arrives and overhears them.

"Yes, it is the perfect time to have this conversation." Dr. Briefs said. "It's not like Venom and Launch can hear us."

"They do have superior hearing you know!" Bulma yelled.

"Oh! I didn't-" Dr. Briefs tried to say before getting interrupted.

"Oh my, what are my husband and daughter talking about?" Said Bikini Briefs as she stepped onto the patio.

"Bulma and I were discussing something that would be very interesting to you." Dr. Briefs said.

"Oh, don't tell me it's about a boy!" Bikini Briefs said cheerfully.

"MOM!!!" Bulma yelled. If there was one thing that her mother was knowledgeable about, it was dating. In fact, it was the only subject she had any knowledge of.

"Bingo!" Dr. Briefs said.

"I knew it, it had to do with that boy you invited over." Bikini said smiling.