The Legacy of Eddie Brock

"Ugh...where am I?" General Blue said to himself as he gazed at his surroundings. "Last time I remember, I was questioning the prisoners about Venom, Launch, and Mai. Then Shu attacked that idiot Yamaha and somehow knocked out Lieutenant Gold, forcing me to challenge Master Roshi. Then everything went black."

Looking around several times in his cell, Eddie realized he was completely alone. No prisoners, no patrolmen, no guards, and no Lieutenant Gold.

"What in Kami's name? Hello! Is there anyone out there!? Why am I stuck in this cell?!" Eddie called out. "I haven't betrayed Tarkin or Carlton Drake yet, so they have no reason to imprison me yet."

Glancing out the window, Eddie immediately noticed that something was strangely wrong. Usually the intense rays of the sun or the lights from the Red Ribbon Army's street lamps would provide significant illumination, but it was completely pitch black. Stepping forward to take a closer look, he realized that it was completely dark. No stars, no fireflies, and he knew that couldn't count on the moon since it was blown up six months back to prevent Venom and Pistole from rampaging while in their Great Ape forms, all thanks to Master Roshi.

"What the hell is this?" Eddie said, stepping back.

"Beautiful isn't it. One cannot desire light without first becoming enveloped in darkness." Came a voice from behind. Eddie turned around to find the cell door wide open with a woman in a bride's gown standing just outside the door. Her back was towards him, but he could tell who the woman was by her short blonde hair if her voice wasn't enough of an indication.

"Annie?" Eddie said to the woman, but she didn't respond back. All she did was walk away out of view without uttering a word.

"ANNIE COME BACK!!!!" Eddie said as he ran after her, but as he exited the cell doors, all he could see was a long hallway. "ANNIE WHERE DID YOU GO!?"

Running down the long hallway, Eddie's mind raced thinking how he was able to see his wife. He needed to find her no matter what it took. Finally he came to a stop at a four way intersection, looking from left to right to straight and behind him to see where his wife might be. All he saw were a man and a woman sitting down by the wall closest to him on what looked like car seats. They wore that of what a husband and wife would wear for a typical Sunday morning drive, they faces for some reason unseen by a layer of darkness.

"Excuse me, but have you seen my wife Annie? She was wearing a bride's gown and she must have passed by. Please tell me if you have seen her." Eddie frantically pleaded.

In response, the man and woman slowly lifted their hands to Eddie's right, signifying which way his wife went.

"Thank you." Eddie said as he ran in that direction, but quickly stopped once he realized something important. "Wait, that attire. I haven't seen that clothing since my parents died in that car crash."

Turning back around to the man and woman, Eddie found a far more gruesome image than when he first laid eyes on them. What once was two very clean car seats were tattered and bloody cushions, with glass poking out in many directions. Sitting before him were now two corpses of his mom and stepdad, their faces now visible. They were both covered with glass and blood from head to toe with evidence of bruising all around. The woman's left leg was twisted a full ninety degrees while the man had a large shard of glass sticking out of his eye. Their neat hair that had previously covered their faces now was unkempt and moldy.

"Mom? Dad?" Eddie said as the two corpses stood up, the woman somehow pulling it off dispute her deformed leg. Their pale and lifeless eyes made contact with Eddie before disintegrating to dust, bone, and glass.

"Avenge us son." Was all he heard. A small gust of wind seemed to have carried their voices over to him.

After a couple of minutes of standing there in horror and confusion, Eddie turned around in pursuit of Annie, worried that she might share the same fate. After five minutes of seemingly endless running, Eddie found himself in front of a pure white door. Opening it up, he found himself inside a baby's room. Like the long hallway outside, everything was white. The crib, toys, picture frames, and furniture. The only thing that wasn't white was the black veil that separated the room and the balcony outside. As he took a look around and walked over to the veil, he could hear what sounded like someone humming a soft and motherly melody on the other side.