Mercenary Tao

"Ah. So nice to relax after a day's worth of killing. This is quite the reward." Mercenary Tao said as he laid in his bathtub, soaking in the warm water.

Being the world's greatest assassin, Tao Pai Pai had fought a number of skilled fighters and had killed them all...at least that's what most people think. While it was true for the most part, there was one person who had managed to beat him. An individual by the name of Matt Murdock. Tao had underestimated the man on the account that he was blind, a foolish mistake. The fighter had not only managed to get the jump on him, but beat him in under thirty seconds. That was a year ago, and Tao had took it upon himself to search for this mysterious fighter. He was looking forward to that rematch since finding this lone fighter had become a personal hobby.

Then hearing the telephone ring, Tao groaned and reached over to answer it. He didn't want to be disturbed during his relaxation, but if it meant business then so be it.

"Mercenary Tao here. Who would you like me to kill?" Tao said, giving his usual business introduction.

"Tao, this is Commander Red of the Red Ribbon Army. I would like to do business with you." Said the leader of the Red Ribbon Army, already getting down to business.

"Ah, Commander Red, you finally have someone who needs to be killed?" Tao asked. The Red Ribbon Army was Tao's most frequent client, handing out contracts for one or two targets a month. Sometimes it's a whole village, other times its a fighter too strong for the basic foot soldiers to handle, and almost always a lot of blood and fun involved.

"Actually this is more of a retrieval mission. The targets are not to be destroyed." Red informed.

"Really?" Tao said interested, getting up from the tub and drying himself off. "Normally you don't send me on these kinds of missions. You must be very desperate if you are seeking my assistance."

"We are." Red said, with some inward disappointment.

"So what are my targets?" Tao said. "Humans? Demons?"

"Human...ish." Red said, figuring out in his head on how he was going to explain this. Tao was good at his job, but he wasn't a believer in the abnormal or the supernatural. Especially when it came to aliens.

"You got to explain yourself." Tao stated, being patient with his employer. "How can they be sort of human?"

"These humans have more...extraterrestrial characteristics." Red answered.

"Aliens? That is a first." Tao said.

"Yes. You are to capture three humans who have each bonded to these extraterrestrial creatures called symbiotes. The first is a young boy with a tail named Goku, with his black and white symbiote Venom. The second is a blonde professional thief named Launch, with her yellow and blue symbiote named Pistole. Third and last target is a female soldier in service of a possible aristocrat named Emperor Pilaf. The woman's name is Mai, and her charcoal gray and pink symbiote is named Vendetta." Red informed.

"Sounds like an interesting trio. Too bad I can't kill any of them." Tao said, with a bit of regret.

"While Venom, Launch, and Mai can't be killed, they are traveling with others." Red said. "Whether or not they die is no concern to me. You could kill their friends if you so wish Tao."

"Well at least I can have a bit of fun. Too bad I am not getting paid for that bit." Tao said. "Oh well, if they piss me off enough, maybe I can get some pleasure out of it. Should I know who I am dealing with?"

"Not unless you want to." Red said.

"Tell me anyway. Although I do hate hearing details, its nice to know who I am dealing with." Tao affirmed.