Pain of Loss Part 2

"Victor, I need to speak with you." Bulma said as she handed Violet over to one of the guards and made the long walk down to the throne of Doctor Doom.

"I assume this has to do with the screaming from Venom and Goku I heard earlier." Doom stated.

"Yes, it is. I need to understand what he is going through, and your the only other one I know who tragically lost someone." Bulma said.

"I see, and I assume the reason Launch is comforting Goku and not you is because something happened between the two of you. Is my assumption correct?" Doom said.

"Yes, but that nugget of information really has nothing to do with you Victor. Can we work the problem out around it?" Bulma asked.

"There is no need for alarm, I saw the footage of the match between Venom and Master Roshi during the 21st World's Martial Arts Championship. I know enough of the Great Ape's capabilities." Doom reassured.

"Oh yeah, forgot that was televised." Bulma said. "Myself, along with the rest of my friends screwed up big time and should have told those two about it from the start. I am here to set things right."

"Well considering the short one Krillin is sleeping, while Mai and Vendetta have Oolong, Puar, and Pilaf a little tied up, that would of course leave only you to talk to me." Doom said, resisting the urge not to call her friends any insulting names.

"Is this your way of saying 'hey Bulma, what can I do to solve your problem?'" Bulma said, trying to tease even in her troubled state.

"You know I am not one for such simple words." Doom said climbing down his throne to get to her level.

"I will take that as an apology." Bulma said in a huff. "So to start off, my relationship with Venom has hit a bit of a bumpy road."

"I could tell from the moment you two stepped off my plane." Doom said. "And considering you hold no hostility towards him would mean you are completely in the wrong, or at least feel that way."

"I kept the truth from Venom and Launch and I told others in their circle of friends to do so as well. While on the plane ride here, they found out." Bulma said trailing off.

"So why is Venom feeling bad about achieving such a transformation. While disgusting and rabid, I can forsee others being envious of the Great Ape transformation. This kind of raw power can be used to destroy armies and planets and if used controlled can be a great asset." Doom said.

"Of course you would see it that way. Venom and Goku hate killing you know. This is not the kind of transformation he would want if it means taking lives in exchange. Especially those who are innocent." Bulma said looking down. She was clearly disappointed in Doom's point of view regarding the Great Ape form.

"If this is a debate on one should have the right to take lives, then you are wasting your time here. You know I don't share the same moral standards as your boyfriend." Doom said, turning around.

"VENOM AND GOKU ARE NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!!" Bulma yelled, defending herself.

"Yet, you desire him to be yours." Doom said, with a bit of anger. "You would much rather be in that role than Launch or Mai."

For this Bulma had no answer. It was getting increasingly hard to hide anything from Doom.

"So try to enlighten me once again. How in Kami's name is the situation between you and that boy hold any relevance to me?" Doom said.

"Like yourself, he lost someone at a young age." Bulma said, on the verge of tears.

"I see....and who is this individual that Son Venom holds so close to his heart?" Doom asked, his anger decreasing.