Penance Aftermath

Launch stared down at Goku's body, cradling him in his arms. She spent a full minute doing this until her eyes narrowed and realized something. Venom wasn't automatically healing Goku. Something was definitely wrong.

"What's going on? Why isn't he healing like normal?" Launch asked feeling true dread for the first time in her life.

"What? Oh no no no! Goku don't do this!" Bulma said as she got down to her knees to get closer to the boy's body.

"Bulma, don't you have any of those senzu beans that Doctor Doom gave you?" Violet asked.

"No, Victor gave me only four. I used them on Goku, Launch, Mai, and Krillin. I don't have any more." Bulma explained.

"Wait a minute. Did Master Korin ever give you any senzu beans? It is customary for him to gift them once he is done teaching a student." Master Roshi asked.

"No he didn't! I should have asked." Launch said with worry, trying to desperately keep her cool and failing at it. The sweat was rolling off her forehead and it was evident that tears were going to form very soon.

"Actually he did." Krillin confirmed as he took the pouch of beans from his pocket. "Korin gave it me when we left. I figured-"

"GIVE US THAT!!" Launch and Pistole shouted as she swiped the bag from Krillin and force fed Goku and Venom the bean by fisting the food into his mouth. "COME ON EAT UP AND GET BETTER YOU TURD!!"

"KRILLIN WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE BEANS SOONER!!!" Bulma yelled as she grabbed the bald monk by the collar and violently shook him back and forth.

"Sorry, but between all the commotion with Ghost Rider and Mercenary Tao, it took me a second to remember that Korin gave me the beans." Krillin told Bulma.

"THAT'S NO EXCUSE!!!! GOKU AND VENOM ARE IN MORTAL DANGER AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO HEAL HIM UP RIGHT AWAY!!!" Yelled the very red Bulma.

"But I got General Blue off of him and knocked the guy out. Without me Goku and Venom would be dead by now." Krillin said before turning to the others. "Come on guys, a little help here."

"Sorry, but I have been on the other end of Bulma's wrath too many times back when we were dating. So no." Yamcha said.

"Yeah, hard pass." Oolong said.

"There are many opponents every man should tackle head on in his lifetime. An angry woman is not one of them." Roshi advised.

"If Yamcha is not doing it, I really shouldn't either." Said a nervous Puar, the only one feeling guilty about not helping Krillin.

"A royal figure such as myself should not concern himself with common affairs. I wouldn't even send Shu or Mai to come to your aid." Emperor Pilaf stated.

"Sorry Krillin, but I am too busy filming this." Violet said as she recorded Launch and Bulma lace into the bald monk.

"OH COME ON!!!!" Yelled Krillin.

"Shhh, be quite everyone. The bean is starting to take affect." Launch said as Venom began to envelope Goku's body from the neck down, healing every wound inside and out.

"Goku? Can you hear me?" Launch asked sweetly.

"Urgh...dad?" Said a delirious Goku as he struggled to open his eyes.

"Bardock?" Asked an equally delirious Venom around the same time, though not quite as in sync with his host.

"Dad? Bardock?" Launch asked. She wasn't offended that she was being called a father by her crush, but the comment conjured her curiosity. The kid might have received some memories regarding his parents. She looked over to Bulma to see if she had gotten the same idea, which she responded with a slight nod as confirmation. Whatever Goku and Venom might say next regarding their past had the potential to become a huge game changer.