A Shadow Over Mai And Vendetta

"And there they are. All waiting like sheep for the slaughter." Mercenary Tao whispered as he and the rest of the Thunderbolts were hiding in the bush nearby the camp Bulma and the others had taken residence at for the past couple of days.

"Not all of them. Venom and Goku aren't even there." General Blue mentioned.

"Not to mention Launch isn't even with them along with that child monk Krillin." Said a disappointed Hasky. "Where do you suppose they went?"

"From what I heard from Bulma's and Colonel Violet's conversation, the three of them was instructed by Master Roshi to climb that big tower over there and find some martial artist named Master Korin." Tao informed.

"Sounds like a load of dung." Hasky huffed.

"Stranger things have happened." Eddie muttered remembering his experience with Knull.

"Alright. I say we go in guns blazing, capture Bulma, Mai and Vendetta, and play target practice with the rest." Hasky suggested as she cocked her gun. "It certainly kills a few minutes while we wait for them to come climbing back down."

"Not yet. We need to think this through. Hurting the symbiotes' friends will only make the situation worse." Tao said.

"And why is that!?" Hasky angrily asked.

"Because if we piss off a symbiote, they only grow stronger. Commander Red didn't supply us with enough sonic, fire, or electric based weapons, so taking them down will not be easy. We have to apply a bit of stealth to this mission, especially if we need to get past their hive mind."

"Hive mind? What are you talking about?" Tao asked.

"Symbiotes have a hive mind. If one is in danger, the others will automatically be alerted." Blue informed.

"That was never in the briefing." Tao said as his eyes narrowed.

"How did you know that?" Hasky asked, equally suspicious.

"Well its..." Eddie was about to answer, but realized that he didn't have one. "How did I know that?"

"Your welcome." Came a cruel voice in Eddie's mind. Eddie grimaced realizing who it was.

"Never mind. First Officer Black probably gave Blue that tidbit." Hasky said as she shrugged her shoulders disinterested.

"If they all have a hive mind, then there must be a leader at the center. Most likely its Venom." Tao said, although he wasn't as easily swayed as the blonde was.

"Once again, my son is taking the credit. How much more of a disgrace can that boy of mine be?" Knull growled.

Meanwhile, in Emperor Pilaf's tent...

"Mai! Hurry up will you! I can't plot to backstab Venom, Goku, and his friends on an empty stomach!" Pilaf yelled.

"It's your turn to bring the food over." Shu informed.

"Coming my emperor!" Mai called before muttering to herself. "Looking to kill our beloved. That little piece of sh-"

"Mai? Did you say something?" Asked a clueless Pilaf as Mai delivered the food right in front of him.

"Oh nothing Emperor Pilaf. Nothing at all." Mai said giving a fake smile as she sat down with her comrades.

"Alright! Let's dig in!" Pilaf said as he and Shu began to chow down. Mai was about to do the same thing, but then she felt Vendetta receive a sudden jolt of pain before feeling a cold dark chill sweep over her.

"Argh!" Mai moaned as she clutched her forehead.

"Mai! Are you okay!?" Shu said as he rushed to Mai's side.