Conflicted

"Is Goku and Venom really that much of a threat?" General Blue, otherwise known as Eddie Brock, said to himself as he walked down the hallway to where the prisoners were. "Could Knull be right about the two of them?"

Blue had been pondering everything that has transpired since leaving Commander Red's office. First finding out that Carlton Drake and Charles Tarkin knew that his uncle was really his father. Then, there was the possibility that the deaths of his parents and his wife Annie were not what they seemed to be. Now, his mission to fight Venom was not just an order given by his superiors, but rather destiny. This left him with so many troubling questions.

Was Annie murdered? Was Uncle Tarkin and Commander Red behind their deaths? Does First Officer Black or anyone else know the truth? Were they also responsible for Dylan's death. Were Lapis and Lazuli really safe at his uncle's estate? Could Knull really be trusted? Was his upcoming battle with Goku and Venom a product of fate? All these questions and many more plagued Eddie's mind.

"Something has to be done about this, but for right now I have to play along." General Blue thought. "Time to meet up with Lieutenant Gold in the interrogation room. Let's see what Master Roshi, Yamcha, and Turtle know."

"Ah, Lieutenant Gold. I see that you are here." Blue greeted as he entered the room. "Tell me, how is Dr. Gero?"

"My father is doing alright." Gold said. "Always busy tinkering and making new androids. Although he is very eager to move on to symbiotes, considering they have many biological properties that will lead to improving humanity."

Standing at around seven feet tall, Gold was the tallest and most imposing human Blue ever saw. His stature and uniform was that of an obedient soldier, with the only contrasting features being his red mohawk and gold earings. Blue was surprised that Dr. Gero even let his son walk around like that at all, considering they were the only two hallmarks of Gold's individualism.

"And how about you Gold, how are you feeling today?" Blue asked.

"How am I feeling is irrelevant. What matters is the mission at hand. Right now, we need to question the prisoners on any information concerning Goku, Launch, and their two symbiotes." Gold answered, almost like an automaton.

"Sometimes I think he is one of his father's androids." Blue smiled and shook his hand. "If I didn't witness his finger bleed when that chipmonk bit him, I would have believed it."

"Okay, ask me why are we doing this?" Blue asked.

"To save and improve humanity." Gold replied automatically.

"Let me clarify then. Why are YOU doing this Gold? Why do you want to improve humanity? Is it your father's will or yours?" Blue asked, wanting to know what Gold's answer would be. After taking a deep breath and a few moments of silence, Gold answered Eddie's question.

"Most personnel of the Red Ribbon Army believe I am only fulfilling this goal because I share the same beliefs as my father and Commander Red, or at least blindly following their orders. That is not the truth. While I believe that improving humanity will help, I care only for the wildlife. If humanity is seen the errors of their ways in harming the environment through the Red Ribbon Army, then I would be happy." Gold solemnly answered.

Eddie took Gold's words in. They were like minded soldiers willing to do anything to protect the innocent. Granted this concerned different species, one of humans or animals, but that didn't matter. They must do anything to make planet Earth a better place. Anything.

"Thank you for answering me Gold." Eddie Brock said. "Now let's bring in the prisoners."

Meanwhile, in a cell room...