Fallen Disciple

"Everything seems to be going well Doctor Doom. Bulma, Goku, and the rest seem to be handling the larger threats in Muscle Tower well. Should we storm the facility now?" One of the top generals asked.

"No. I want to test Venom, Launch, and Krillin. I want to see what the disciples of Master Roshi have to offer before they deliver General White to me." Doom said without turning to face the general.

"Very well Doctor Doom." The general said as she turned to leave.

"Doctor Doom, it seems that someone is attempting to call that Pilaf character. Should we intercept the call?" Asked another soldier.

"As expected, patch me in before the call can connect." Doom ordered.

"As you wish Doctor Doom." The soldier said as he walked away to a nearby tent. Four seconds passed as he exited the tent with the phone in hand.

"Thank you your service." Doom whispered to the soldier. Then, clicking the phone on Doom lifted the device up to his ear to listen to the individual on the other end of the line.

"Hello?! Emperor Pilaf!? This is Shu! Can you hear me!? We escaped from the Red Ribbon headquarters! Is Mai or anyone else with you!?" Shu asked excitedly.

"Put the old fool on the phone." Doom ordered.

"Uhhhh....who's this?" Shu asked, surprised by the cold metallic voice.

"Put on Master Roshi at once. You may put your phone on speaker. I will not repeat myself." Doom growled.

"Master Roshi, I think the creepy Darth Vader guy wants to talk with you." Shu said as he handed the cell phone over.

"Really?" Roshi asked as he accepted the phone.

"Darth Vader guy? I hope Goku and the others aren't captured like we were." Yamcha asked.

"One way to find out." Roshi stated as he put the phone on speaker. "Hello, this is Master Roshi. May I ask whom I'm speaking with?"

"Hello, Old Master." Came the reply from the other end. Yamcha, Panchy, and Shu looked to Master Roshi wondering what the voice was referring to, but Turtle and Roshi made eye contact knowing full well who was on the line.

"Long time since I heard from you Victor, though I thought I our reunion would be a lot sooner. Then again, you were always the stubborn type." Roshi said, stern yet calm.

"You were actually expecting me to stop by?" Doom asked, clearly not regreting avoiding Roshi for so many years.

"I care for all my students as if they were my own children." Roshi said, slightly angered. "Speaking of...what have you done to Venom, Launch, and Krillin?"

"I have not laid a finger on Venom, Launch, and Krillin nor any of their friends." Doom informed. "We have a common interest in the destruction of Muscle Tower, the Red Ribbon Army's main facility in Laveria. Miss Bulma Briefs wanted to rescue her father Dr. Briefs and I wanted it to be burnt to the ground. Therefore, an agreement was made."

"I doubt Goku, Venom, and the rest would have agreed if they knew so many lives would be needlessly lost." Roshi growled.

"Hey! Who is this guy?" Yamcha asked.

"Thank you for your help in rescuing my husband." Said a grateful Panchy.

"Is Emperor Pilaf and Mai still-" Shu tried to ask but was cut off.

"Be quiet! This is more serious than you all think!" Roshi yelled.

"Oh come on Master Roshi. Still guy can't be that bad." Yamcha defended.