General Blue

"And that is checkmate. I win again." Master Roshi said as he beat Krillin for the fifth time. The old master was engaged in two chess matches at the same time, one against the bald monk and the other against Yamcha. Meanwhile, Turtle was watching the end of a baseball game and was just about to go outside for a morning swim.

"Dang it. That was five times already." Krillin said in disbelief.

"You think you got it rough, I lost eight times." Yamcha said. "I thought we were relaxing."

"We are relaxing." Master Roshi replied.

"I thought we were training." Krillin commented.

"We are training." Roshi replied.

"How can we be training and relaxing?" Krillin asked.

"Yeah, I'm confused too." Yamcha commented.

"It's important to find a balance between the two. It helps to train one's mind, body, and soul while also giving it peace." Roshi explained. "If a martial artist can't accomplish this on his downtime, how is he supposed to accomplish this on the battlefield."

"Okay, so why not play chess with Venom and Launch?" Krillin asked.

"Because they already have learned this lesson through their own hobbies. Goku likes to train and eat, Launch likes to polish her rifles and shoot people with them, and Venom and Pistole love to make other people miserable through physical abuse." Roshi explained. "You two on the other hand have not found your 'zen hobby.' So chess is a good place as any for a starting point.

"I suppose your right." Yamcha said.

"Well that solves the first mystery." Krillin said.

"Are you applying that there is a greater mystery to be revealed from this?" Roshi asked, genuinely not knowing what Krillin was thinking.

"Yeah, who can even beat you at chess. You are just as skilled at chess as you are in martial arts. Your unstoppable." Krillin said amazed.

"Actually there is one person who I have never been able to beat in chess. The man is practically a legend." Roshi said.

"Who is it?" Yamcha asked.

"This man's name is...Stan Lee." Roshi confirmed.

"Stan Lee?" Yamcha and Krillin asked.

"Yep, Stan Lee. Great guy and even greater personality. I wish you two can meet him someday." Roshi said.

"After having getting my butt whipped at chess, I would love to meet anyone who could do the same to you." Krillin commented.

"Alright, I think we had enough fun playing chess." Roshi said turning to Turtle. "Is your baseball game over Turtle? Me and my students want to watch our program."

"Yes it is Master Roshi. I am going outside to take a nice swim and maybe clean up the destruction Venom and Launch left yesterday." Turtle said as he crawled out of the front door.

"Well do Turtle." Master Roshi said as he waited for his friend to close the door behind him. "Hehe finally! Time to put on the adult channel!"

"Alright!" Krillin said.

"One of the best parts of being single!" Yamcha said.

"Alright! No Bulma and Launch to yell at us, no Venom to smash the television because the noise annoys him, and no Turtle to trying break me of this habit! Here we g-" Master Roshi said before getting interrupted.

"Master Roshi!" Turtle shouted, barging back into Kame House as fast as he could, which wasn't saying much.

"Kami damn it! What is now!? Just when the fun was about to begin." Roshi said angrily.