(Part 2) Hero x male! reader

Requested by BagheadJason, hope you like it!

Note: this is a continuation of the hero x male reader I wrote a while ago! You can read it without the first part, but it will make more sense if u do.

The cookie played with the end of his clothes as he stood in front of the door. He had been planning to confess to Hero that exact day.

It was the perfect opportunity after all. The two of them alone, in a more private space. He had even bought the perfect gift for him.

“If only it hadn’t been destroyed back there” he thought with a sigh.

The cookie considered waiting for another moment. The courage he had gathered for that day wasn’t there anymore and, without the present, he didn’t feel ready.

And yet, he thought about what the mysterious superhero had told him back on the roof. 

To not hide his feelings.

The cookie let out a sigh, his head a huge mess.

“For now I should just knock. I’m already late and Hero might be worried” he thought as he raised one hand, finally knocking on the door.

It didn’t take long for it to open, a smile forming on his face the moment Hero appeared behind the door.

“(Y/N)! I was worried you wouldn’t come” he said as he took a step aside, letting the cookie inside.

“Sorry Hero. I was.. kind of caught in the middle of an attack on my way here” he said with a nervous chuckle, his smile turning into a nervous one.

“Oh! Are you okay? You didn’t get hurt right” he said as he took one of his hands, searching for any injuries.

Of course, Hero knew he was alright. He had been the one that saved (Y/N) after all. 

But he didn’t need to know that yet. And for him, it was the perfect excuse to hold his hand and have him near.

“O-oh yes, I’m fine! Don’t worry, the only thing that got hurt was a package I was carrying” (Y/N) said with a nervous chuckle, his cheek turning a bright shade of red.

“That’s good to know. How about I make you your favourite drink? You should sit for a while and relax, being caught in the middle is probably not the most relaxing experience”

“Oh but what about the PC we were going to build” (Y/N) said, not wanting to bother his crush. He knew how important it was for him after all.

But to his surprise, the cookie shocked his head with a smile.

“You are more important to me that any PC or invent I can build (Y/N). Now go and take a seat, I will be with you in just a moment” Hero said, offering him a last smile before marching into the kitchen.

The cookie stood there for a moment, his cheek red and his heart beating fast.

Of all things he had expected Hero to say, that hadn’t been one of them for sure.

After getting over his shock, the cookie walked to the cozy living room and took a seat on the couch.

Hero appeared with his favourite drink at the moment, and it made him wonder if he had had it ready before he arrived.

“Here” he simply said as he offered him the drink, a soft smile on his face.

He took it with another smile, blushing as their hands touched as he took it. The blush only increased as Hero took a seat at his side.

They stayed in comfortable silence for a few minutes, and (Y/N) swore he was sneaking glances at him when he wasn’t looking.

Which, of course, didn’t help his nervous state.

But for a moment it made him wonder… if Hero felt the same way. 

Maybe, just maybe… he could really confess that day.

“Hero” “(Y/N)”

The two cookies looked at each other for a moment before they laughed.

“You go first (Y/N). What it is?”

“Well I… there is something I had been… wanting to tell you for a while”

He left the drink on the table as his gaze moved to the floor, too nervous to look at Hero in the eyes. But he could feel he was listening.

And taking a depth breath, he continued.

“I… I really admire you. How passionate you are about your projects. How caring you are, how you worry about others and help them in all you can”

“And I love your laugh, and how your eyes shine when you finally resolve that one problem that had been giving you problems. Or that small frown on your face when you are concentrated”

“What I want to say it’s that… I…. I like you. For a long while now” (Y/N) said, his hands shaking.

He had said it. 

But now, he was terrified of the answer. Hero’s silence was definitely not helping.

“It’s okay if you don’t…” he tried to say but fell in silence as a familiar hand took his.

His gaze finally moved up, and his eyes met familiar green eyes. Ones that were accompanied by a soft smile.

“I do too (Y/N). For a long while. I… was worried you wouldn’t return the feelings” he said softly, his hand moving to his cheek.

“But I’m so relieved you do… you are the most important thing in my life”

The cookie blinked for a moment, unsure if he had that right.

But he did. And he couldn’t help but laugh softly as the tension disappeared from his body.

Hero chuckled too as he gently leaned over him, their foreheads now touching.

“(Y/N)... thank you for being in my life”