(Platonic) Sorbet Shark + Kid! Reader

Requested by CrustyRanch, hope you like it!
Notes: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one. Also changed the prompt a bit, hope is good!

Other cookies said that sharks were dangerous creatures. That one should never approach them, that they would attack you without second thought. But the little cookie couldn't understand why the grown ups said that. After all, their shark friend was very friendly and never hurt them.

They had actually met him by accident one day. They lived in a small town near the beach, and their parents allowed them to walk around all by themselves. That afternoon they had been very bored, their parents talking with some important cookies in their work room. And so the cookie grabbed their trusted backpack and, after putting some snacks inside, walked to the door.
"I'm going out!" They screamed. After not getting a response they sighed, and simply closed the door behind them. The small cookie walked to the beach, that was just a few minutes away from their house, and decided to collect some seashell. "Maybe they would like it!" They thought happily as they searched for the most beautiful seashells.
They wandered off without even noticing, too concentrated on their task to see they were outside the limits.
"Another one!" They thought without a care in the word, quickly running to grab it. But as they did, they noticed something. There was someone laying near the big seashell, eyes closed. The small cookie titled their head, confused. Why was a cookie there? Their gaze moved, and they noticed how instead of legs, the cookie had a shark tail.
That made them take a few steps back. Was this one of the sharks everyone talked about? They weren't sure. But as they looked again...he didn't seem as dangerous as the other said.
Still, they wanted to play safe. They quickly grabbed a stick a few feet apart, and poked the shark cookie with it. The cookie let out a small grunt, but didn't open his eyes.
"Hey...wake up" they said as they continue pocking. After a few more tries, the shark cookie finally opened his eyes, which he covered quickly with one arm.
"What...where?" He muttered as his eyes got used to the light. They found the reaction funny, and smiled at the cookie.
"You are awake! Are you okay?" They asked as the left the sticky back on the sand as they took a seat where they had been standing. He turned his head at the moment, a confused expression on his face for a small second.
"Ah...yes. I'm fine" he said, his gaze moving to look at himself. He let out a sigh, relieved to see no injuries. "Can you tell me where I am?" He asked, his gaze back to the small cookie.
"You are in the beach near my town! I think...I was distracted by the seashells" they said, muttering the last part to themselves. The shark cookie chuckled softly, but before he could say anything his stomach rumbled.
The small (Y/N) smiled brightly, and wasted no time in offering them a snack from their backpack. He took it and eat it quickly, which made the cookie giggle.
"Are you hungry? I have more!" They said, offering the rest of the snacks. It was too much for them after all. He took the snack with a smile, and ate them slower that time.
"Thank you" he said after he finished, a smile on his face.
"I'm Sorbet Shark. What's your name?"

That was two years ago. Both cookies feel lonely, so the company was something both enjoyed. Sorbet felt alone in the sea, and when he tried to approach cookies they all ran away. (Y/N), on the other hand, just felt...lonely. Their parents were always busy working, and there was no one of their age to play with.
And so they quickly became friends, meeting at the same spot every afternoon. They never told their parents, of course. If they knew, they would forbid them to continue meeting their friend.

But one day, Sorbet Shark didn't show up. "Maybe he is busy" they thought that day, not really thinking much about it. But then came another week, and another. And went a full month passed, they were very worry about their friend. They were worried they got hurt or something.
And when a ship arrived to their town, they didn't waste time. They woke up the night before the ship was supposed to part. The small cookie grabbed their trusted backpack, previously prepared with all they might need, and made their way out of their bedroom. Their parents were heavy sleepers, so they weren't worried about waking them up.
Night breeze hit them as they got up, and they shivered a bit. But they couldn't give up. And so they ran to where the ship was and, following their plan, went inside and hid between some boxes. They had seen the crew carrying those boxes, and they had a basic understanding of ship thanks the books they had read.
The cookie stayed there, well hidden from the unaware crew. Everything went according to their plan...until one night, a strong storm hit the ship.

Sorbet Shark had been there the same night. He had been making their way back to the island, worried about his friend. He didn't want to leave the small cookie alone, but after the fight with the sea monster...he had needed a lot of rest.
He saw the ship on his way there, and he could tell it wasn't going to resist the strong storm outside. Curious about the ships content, he waited, maintaining the distance. "Maybe there is a treasure and I can bring (Y/N) something!" He thought as he waited.
Just as he thought, the ship sank just a few minutes later. He swam to it as soon as it touched the bottom, and wasted no time in searching for treasures, not minding what remained of the crew.
But his eyes opened and his heart sank as he searched. With trembling hands, he grabbed the familiar backpack that had been between two heavy boxes. He could recognize that backpack anywhere.
"But...no. There is no way? Why would they be here?" They thought in panic as they looked around. And then it hit them. They probably went to search for him, their only friend. Before he knew, he was quickly searching for… something. Anything that told him his friend was okay. But he didn't find anything.
His body trembled as he hugged the backpack. He realized he had lost them...and he was alone again.

And alone he was for the next months, until he joined Pirate Cookie's crew. And just a few days later, they were surprised by Captain Ice and her crew, ready to capture them.
He couldn't escape due to his short legs, and the fact he hadn't got use to walking yet. It was annoying but...that day, it felt like a blessing. As thanks to that, he was brought to the Icepierce. And as soon as he got there, his eyes met a familiar ones.

"... Sorbet Shark? Is that y…?!"

He didn't let them finished, and quickly pulled them to a hug. He didn't mind what was going to happen next.
He got his friend back.