Churro Cookie x Reader

Requested by xX_Vendigo_Xx, hope you like it!

Note: reader will use they/them!

The cookie let out a small sigh, the gentle morning breeze moving their hair as they closed their eyes.

They had got used to the silence of the village after a few weeks but… it still gave them the creeps.

How the usual animated village had just… froze in time, all its residents trapped between the big tree roots.

The cookie let out another sigh, pulling their knees close to themselves.

"I have tried everything but… there is no solution for this. I don't know what to do…"

Their eyes closed, various memories flowing through their mind. Happy villagers, local festivities, Churro cookie at their side…

"If only he was here… he would know what to do"

A loud sound in the center of the village made them jump at the moment, interrupting their memories.

"What was that?!" The cookie thought, immediately running in the direction of the sound.

Had some intruder appeared? Was someone attacking their beloved village?

But it was nothing they had imagined.

Their eyes opened in surprise the moment they arrived: all the roots had just… disappeared.

Like magic.

And everyone was alright, even Churro was there.

"Churro… Churro!"

The cookie quickly threw themselves into his arms, happy tears falling from their eyes.

"Wow (Y/N), be careful!" He said, though he didn't pull them apart.

In fact, he pulled them closer, arms protectively around their form.

"I missed you so much. Where were you? Are you okay?"

"I am, do not worry. That day I was on the temple, doing my duties and fell into a long slumber"

"I'm… sorry if I worried you. It wasn't my intention, neither was leaving you alone" he said softly, planting a soft kiss on their forehead.

"It's okay, no one of us could have prevented this" they said, lifting their face so their gazes could meet.

How they had missed his light brown eyes, his voice, his presence…

Churro cookie smiled at them and, giving them a soft kiss on their cheek, finally broke their embrace.

"Let's find a quiet place to talk, just the two of us"