Mocha Ray x male! Reader

Requested by GachaFrostYT, hope you like it!

As far as he remembered, he had been able to see the strange city near the tower of frozen waves. It was a bit far away from the shore, but it was there, and he could see it.
Other cookies weren't able to see it for some unexplained reason to him. He learned that at a young age, as every time he had mentioned as a kid the adult cookies just said he had "a very wild imagination"

But he knew it was there, and now he was ready to visit it.
He had taken a little boat that afternoon, determinate to go to the exact location of the mysterious city. Or at least, get as close as he could get.
It took a bit longer that he had thought, but after almost an hour he was there. A smile formed on his face as he looked down. He was really there, finally being able to look at the city in all its glory.

A small splash sound broke his thoughts, and he almost fell from the boat when his eyes met another pair of eyes.

"Hey there! Not many land cookies come around here. Are you looking for something?" The strange cookie asked with a smile.

"Land cookies?" He asked as he calmed down, earning a chuckle from the strange cookie.

"Yeah! We live down there, in Sugarteara! I was taking a small stroll as you would say when I saw your boat"

"You are from down there?!" He exclaimed, curiosity on his eyes as the other smiled.

He quickly introduced himself to the Sugarteare habitant, and explained the reason why he was there. The cookie almost jumped in the boat when they offered to take him on a small tour.

"You don't look like someone who would attack the city, so I don't mind!" They had said with a smile before offering him a small pendant.
"You won't have to worry about air with this! Just put it and we will go down!"

And they did keep their word. He had been pulled to the water as soon as he had put the pendant around his neck, and they were in Sugarteara before he even knew. The habitants of the city had been very kind to him, giving him a tour as they asked question about his life on the land.

He had connected specially with one person: the guardian of the temple. The conversation they have had been short, but very interesting.
"Come visit another day, I'd be happy to give you a small tour around the temple" she had said with a soft smile, making him smile at the moment.

And she kept her words, as the next time he visited she made sure to give him said tour.
As weeks passed he found himself going back to Sugarteara more and more often. And while he had made friends with some habitants there, he was most of the time with Mocha Ray.

And one of those days he arrived to Sugarteara as usual, waving at some of his friends as he made his way to the temple.
"Ah, (Y/N). Is good to see you again" Mocha Ray had said as soon as he arrived, tired smile on her face. His own smile disappeared from his face, a small frown appearing at the moment.

"Mocha… are you okay? You look so tired" he said softly as he looked at her. The guardian just smiled softly at him.

"It was a bit of a long day. But do not worry, I'm fine" she said, trying to reassure him. But it didn't work.

"Nonsense. You need to take a break Mocha! Come on, I know a perfect spot, others can guard the temple for a few minutes" he said as he took her hand in his, quickly pulling her out of the temple and to a small secluded spot of the town.

"I see you know your way around Sugarteara" she said with a chuckle as both sat down, earning another chuckle from him.

"I always liked to explore, it was just a matter of time" he said with a smile, blushing a bit when Mocha Ray gave him a sweet smile.
"Tell me about your adventures them"

And he talked about his small and big discoveries in his adventures as Mocha Ray listened. And he only stopped when he felt a weight on his shoulder.

His heart skipped a beat as he saw Mocha Ray resting against him, her eyes now closed as she breathed softly.

"You really were tired, weren't you?" He thought with a soft smile as he gently pulled her closer, making sure she was comfortable.

"You are always protecting others… but for now, let me be the one that protects you"