Purple Yam x reader

For Ibacchis, bringing you the juice here. Hope you like it!

Note: reader will use they/them on this one!

Everyone has their own walls. Walls to prevent themselves from getting hurt, and only lowered when others gain their trust. Some might be higher than others, and that was Yam's case. They had never heard him talk about personal things, feelings and that stuff. Except when he was angry or annoyed at someone.
So seeing him lower his walls around them...it always made their heart skip a beat.

They remember the first time that happened clearly. It had been a long day for the three of them, and of course it had to end with a fight between Milk and Yam. They had offered to talk to him, and Milk agreed. He could always talk to Yam when he wasn't that angry, and someone had to set up the camp for the night after all.

"Yam? Are you okay there?" They asked, finally locating Yam after a few minutes.

"Yes. Of course. I. Am. Perfectly. Fine!" He said back with a loud tone, his back facing them. The cookie let out a small sigh and made their way to him.

"Yam… I know you disagree with Milk sometimes but...there is no need to be angry about something as small as that" they said with a soft tone. To their surprise, Yam let out a small sigh, and they felt him relax under their touch.

They moved their hand to his face, resting it against his cheek as they looked into his eyes.

"Come on...let's go back. Milk will get worried if we take too long" they said softly. Their heart skipped a small beat as Yam closed his eyes for a second, leaning into their touch as they nodded. He pulled back and turned his head to the other side, and they swore they saw his cheeks turning red.

"Let's go back" he simply said as he turned around, acting like nothing happened.

It was not the last moment they had like that, and they made sure to enjoy and treasure every minute of them.