(TW) Pitaya x suicidal! Reader x Ananas

Requested by Mooni_20, hope you like it!

Notes:
-As gender wasn’t specific, reader will use they/them on this one.

-Pitaya will use he/him and Ananas they/them. As it could be confused with reader, Ananas’ pronouns will be written as They and Them.

-Important: this oneshot could trigger someone. Is it not going to be detailed and won't have blood and related, but it might talk about sensible stuff for some people. Please refrain from reading it if you think it can affect you.

Also ps: talk to people you love and seek help if needed. You are important and you are enough💙

Some days seemed like the world was too much, everything was too much. And that they were nothing compared to the world. "Hopeless" would be a good word to describe those days.
Days in which they asked themselves if they were doing enough. If they were enough. If they were worth of even being there. "Why continue? Why keep going?" They had asked themselves numerous times, more that they could even count.

But they never took the final step. They really thought about it, even wrote some goodbye notes. But for some reason, they never took the step. Maybe the fear of what could be at the other side was what was stopping them. Maybe fear of death itself somehow.
It didn't really matter to them. They just knew that clue about their thoughts was well hidden and that they should deal with it by themselves.

But they slipped one day. It had been a particular bad week, one that put them on the limits, and they soon found themselves reaching for some goodbye notes they had written, thinking if they should finally use them.

A familiar voice calling them from outside broke their train of thoughts, and they soon realized it was probably Pitaya in one of his surprise visits. They quickly ram to the bathroom to watch their face, note soon forgotten on the ground.

"Hey Pitaya! And Ananas, a surprise to see you here too" they said as they opened the door, pulling on their best fake smile. Neither dragon seemed to notice, and they were soon inside their house, taking over their usual spots.

"We were jussst passing by and thought about visiting our favourite cookie. And maybe get some of that hot chocolate you make" Pitaya said with a toothy smile as Ananas huffed at his side.

"I'm just here to make sure you don't burn the house down again Pitaya" the golden dragon said, making Pitaya roll his eyes. The cookie laughed softly at the interaction, and they couldn't help but comply to the dragon's wishes.

"Is a good way to distract myself about… that" they had thought as they grabbed what they needed.

"Cookie, do you have one of those films you talked about? It would be a good distraction for this disgrace of a dragon" Ananas said with a smirk as Pitaya stuck out his tongue, making the cookie roll their eyes.
"Yes, they should be in my room. Feel free to look for them" they said without a second thought.

Silence found its way around the two of them while Ananas was looking for the film, the metallic sound of the spoon being the only noise in the room.

"...cookie, did you write this?" Their voice said suddenly, almost making them jump from their spot. The smile on their face vanished as they looked at the note on one of Their hands, and they felt their voice leaving their body.

"...I need and answer, (Y/N)" the golden dragon said with a unreadable look on Their face, catching the attention of the red dragon that had been half asleep on the sofa.

They could only shrug, their gaze moved to the ground as they heard Pitaya approaching them.

"(Y/N)... Pleassse" Pitaya said softly, and they almost let out a small sob at that moment. And now trusting their voice, they nodded. It was a small hesitant nod, and they didn't really know why they even admitted it. But they nodded.

And instead of the shouts and comments they had been expected, they soon found themselves pulled to a hug by the two dragons, their face now hiding in Pitayas' chest.
"... You are important for us (Y/N)" Ananas said with a soft voice from behind, arms hugging their waist gently.

"You are our greatessst treasure" Pitaya added, making them let out the sob they were trying to contain. And the cookie soon found themselves crying on their arms. And the dragons let the cookie cry all they needed, comforting them by their mere presence.

"(Y/N) whenever you feel like thissss… tell us, okay?"

"We will help you, treasure"

Some days seemed like the world was too much. But when that happened, the two dragons were there for them.