(TW) Roguefort x suicidal reader

Requested by Random_fnaf, hope you like it!

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use she/her on this one.

Important note: this oneshot could trigger people. Is it not going to be detailed and won't have blood and related, but it might talk about sensible stuff for some people. Please refrain from reading it if you think it can affect you.

Also ps: talk to people you love and seek help if needed. You are important and you are enough💙

She didn't know for how long she had been there...just laying on bed, doing absolutely nothing. It was one of those days, one she just felt...empty, like she didn't matter. She didn't have the energy to move from the bed, not that she felt like honestly. Her stomach rumbled, demanding its well deserved food, but she still didn't move. She just couldn't.

A soft knock on her door interrupted her train on thoughts, and for a moment she wondered who could it be. Her door was closed after all, and no one had a spare key.

"Are you okay, my jewel?" A familiar voice asked behind the door, making her bit her lip for a moment.

"Of course...a thief doesn't need a key to find their way inside" she thought, hiding herself more in the blankets. For a small moment, she wanted to open the door and threw herself in their arms and hide from the world. But she felt like it would be a bother to them. The charming thief was there when she needed someone to just listen, someone to hold her for a while. She knew it, but at the same time she felt like she might annoy them with her problems. That she should just "get it together and don't be so negative" as other people had said to her in the past.

Deep in thoughts, she missed how the door opened gently, and how the familiar thief entered her room. A hand was put on her shoulder, surprising her.

"Is it one of those days?" They simply asked, and she bit her lip again. She nodded hesitatingly after a few seconds, and the hand on her shoulder started moving up and down calmly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Roguefort asked softly, letting her think about their offer.

"...I don't want to bother you. I'll...I'll be fine" she finally said.

"You don't bother me my jewel. Never will. I'm here for you, you don't need to pass this alone" they said softly. The cookie finally moved a bit and, carefully, peeked out of the blanket. Her eyes met Roguefort's, who was looking at her with a gentle gaze.

"Would you better like me to hold you for a while ?" The thief offered, and she found herself nodding. Carefully, like they had a delicate treasure on their hands, they moved the cookie to their lap, blanket included. She hid her face in their chest as their arms pulled her closer in a protective hold.

And then they started to hum a familiar tune. One that always calmed her, that made her feel it will be okay. She closed her eyes for a moment, relaxing against them. Their mere presence brought her the comfort she needed, even if she denied it.

One of their hands moves to her face, caressing her cheek gently, wiping away the tears that had started falling from her eyes without her knowing.

"My jewel, my precious jewel", the thief said softly as they looked into her eyes again, "I want you to remember you are the most important cookie for me. Your eyes sparkle as the shiniest diamonds, your laugh and smile is worth all the money in this world. You are caring, intelligent, funny...I could continue all night listing every aspect I love about you" they said, a soft smile appearing on their face.

Seeing hesitation in her eyes, they leaned closer, their foreheads now touching.

"I know is difficult for you to see it. That's why I'm here love, to help you see it again. Because you are enough and you matter. I would be lost without you" they muttered softly for her and only her. More tears started falling from her eyes as the thief spoke, making herself ask why she had done to deserve them.

The thief leaned back again, giving the top of her head a kiss before they started humming again. They waited all the time she needed and, once they felt she was relaxed, they spoke again.

"How about I make you your favourite meal my jewel?" They said. She nodded, making the thief smile.

And they stayed the rest of the day with her, a silent reminder that they were there for her. And, at the end of the day, she found herself snuggling against their chest as both laid on bed, their arms holding her closer. She felt herself falling asleep rater quickly, physically and mentally drained after the long day.

"Rest my jewel. I'll be here"